Session9

Another model

Yet more disappointment awaits those expecting some flesh on this thread :OMG:

Instead of showing off my bronzed six pack, i present something far more appealing, a derp church:

16445159125_9a5169f83e_c.jpg

No prizes for spotting access, but maybe a wee bit tricky for the taller gent...

16259255157_df9c9500e0_c.jpg

Gravestones are a mixture of ready made products, scratch built and resin copy's.

16443397891_e9dcd5a58d_c.jpg

Unlike my previous model, much of this Church is made from butchered kits. Some graves have been sunk and the windows boarded up the old fashioned 1970's way with wood and corrugated steel sheeting.

St Columba Church on Clydebank back in 2012 provides a good example of how to model the interior. Then again, maybe i won't bother :-?

16419322806_d272e65462_c.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Many thanks hamtagger and Lara :)

I'm often asked how much my models are worth and its hard to say, as they take so long to make. The commissions I've done have been big money as its mostly labour cost. These models are just for personal use, but I could price up something you have in mind :).

Edited by Session9

I'd consider chucking my lawnmower and tools and shit out of the shed just to create space for a little mini-derp land in there for me to visit :D

Great stuff! This seems a lot more skilled but it reminds me of trying to make ruined buildings back when i was a geek & into 'tabletop miniature games' never did anything anywhere near as good as this though.

Many thanks hamtagger and Lara :)

I'm often asked how much my models are worth and its hard to say, as they take so long to make. The commissions I've done have been big money as its mostly labour cost. These models are just for personal use, but I could price up something you have in mind :).

Guessing a recreation of Whittingham would be quite pricey then? lol

Great stuff! This seems a lot more skilled but it reminds me of trying to make ruined buildings back when i was a geek & into 'tabletop miniature games' never did anything anywhere near as good as this though.

Guessing a recreation of Whittingham would be quite pricey then? lol

Cheers bud and yes Whitty would be on the pricy side lol.

I am starting, what is called in the trade, a 'white model' of Sevs including all of its out buildings. A white model takes the basic form of a building (no windows, brick detail etc) and are often used around a highly detailed model to give perspective e.g. existing streets surrounding a proposed new building.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Session9
      A Model
      Now i have your attention, i have to confess to the total lack of any flesh and leave you with this..
      I am a model maker by trade and also like to dabble in my spare time. I made this little asylum to fit in the corner of my model railway layout where it can be changed for a derelict church. It is of no surprise that derps are a major feature of my late 1970's based railway, but lets face it the country was full of empty buildings at that time.

1. No prizes for pointing out entry.

2. The model features influences from the real world. Ad-hoc (great name eh?) were a security firm looking after the recently closed Mascalls Park Hospital (part of Warley Hospital) back in 2012.

3. Eagle eyes will spot the buildings based on those at West Park. The one to the right is based on the tower - bit of brick counting went on to get it right!

4. Bit of tagging by a 'Mr Izaac Hunt', whilst a shadowy figure lurks in the corrridor.

5. The signage is from Warley Hospital and yes that is a not a model of a cob web. Despite living so close to Warley (it was at the end of my road), i will regret forever not making more of an effort to explore her.
      I hope you have all enjoyed
    • By cunningplan
      I had to do two visits to this place, first time at night with my new DSLR camera and half way through I could not get it to work, so I went back a couple of days later (After I had found out how to use it )
      In the late 80s I use to drop people off here in the Taxi/Minibus I was driving at the time, it was quite a popular place. Then it went to a posh restaurant, then one of those all you can eat type. I hadn't been in there but my Mrs, daughter and friends went there once and said they wouldn't go again. It closed not long after.
      as normal full set here
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/100221036@N06/sets/72157638155916675/

When it went posh it was called The Waterton Manor

believe it or not, that's the men's toilet on the left and woman's on the right

Anyone for food???????

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!