Andy

Belgium Power Plant ECVB (visited 08/2011 - now demolished)

An industrial "oldie but goldie".

In 1913 started the construction of the power plant.

Mid-19th century coal, oil and natural gas supplied energy for the area.

After closure of a part of the power plant was used as a museum.

2010, the museum was closed and the power station was unfortunately demolished in 2012.

bild007.jpg

bild008.jpg

bild009.jpg

bild010.jpg

bild011.jpg

bild012.jpg

bild013.jpg

bild014.jpg

bild015.jpg

bild016.jpg

bild017.jpg

bild018.jpg

bild019.jpg

bild020.jpg

bild021.jpg

bild022.jpg

bild023.jpg

bild024.jpg

bild025.jpg

bild026.jpg

bild027.jpg

bild028.jpg

This is right up my street, especially loving the turbine with plants growing all around it :thumb

:comp:

Edited by The_Raw

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Lament

Little house somewhere in Belgium. Seems there lived an 103 year old lady and after a fire on the upper floor she left the house. Her son still comes there every week to feed the cat.
    • By Cranked side
      Hello all! Time for my second post here.. This time something different again then my previous one.
      Last Sunday a friend and i had no clue what to do.. So we've left somewhat late in the morning to this "little-big" slatemine, that i still had to visit..
      It used to be a bigger mine back in the days , but due to flooded levels and collapses that happend during the years, only a small bit of it is still explorable.
      Complete darkness once you've turned off the flashlight, and only the noise of water falling on the floor.
      Still some equipment was left inside this mine... i wonder what the flooded levels have left.. It looks like their have been divers in there before..
      Spend 3hours and a half inside of the mine.. Once outside we where back in the snow ! Was actually way warmer inside of it then outside
      Was a bit difficult lighting out all the pictures, but the end result is good afterall

Anyway one great piece of history!

Light in the darkness by Laurens Dufour, on Flickr

• By franconiangirl
      The garbage incineration plant was a multi-million euro project which turned out to be a giant failure after several problems occured including toxic gas leak. This is why the plant was shut down shortly after its opening (few weeks later). In general the project was highly controversial among the local population. The plant is closed for almost 20 years now. Its future is still uncertain. 

Inside a real maze of corridors and rooms are awaiting you. The echoes of our footsteps were simply haunting. Cooing pigeons which are living inside the builidng add to the eerie atmosphere. 

• By franconiangirl
      Recently, I´ve visited "Mold House". Of course, more than well-known. When I first set my eyes on pictures of that house with its amazing colours and its state of decay, I instantly fell in love. I´m glad I could fulfill my dream of visiting that place. I especially loved the pink colour of the armchairs being sokaed into the carpet.