Anyone West Yorks (Bradford/Keighley)?

Morning :)

Post on Facebook this morning from a guy I follow, "The Walking Englishman", he gets bloody everywhere.

"One of the sad points during yesterdays walk in the Oxenhope and Haworth area was passing derelict mills. There were two large ones with windows all smashed, a sad case of neglect to beautiful buildings which will probably converted to dwellings. The first one was at Mytholmes and the second in Haworth which still had its impressive chimney standing. I hope they protect it."

No Mytholmes on Google Maps, but a pic of the Haworth one...

Google Streetview's a pain in the arse on this laptop or I'd pin point it a bit better...

I'll go through his recent posts a bit better when I have a minute - he sometimes publishes his routes - & see if I can work out where the other is too.

Are you near enough to go and have a peep? Might be worth a sniff if you are bud :thumb

I can't seem to get the little streetview man close enough :dunno:

Edited by hamtagger

Ah, booooring, it's still got windows & everything :)

I don't have a car so Keighley's a bit out in the arse end of nowhere for me.

I'll be paying George Barnsley's a visit some time soon unless something else in Sheff catches my eye, like Hallam Towers as there's nothing from that place on here. I'd prefer to do Hallam Towers when it's a bit warmer though, a night time panorama from the roof of that place is a must.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By chris banks
      I have found a location close to me in West Yorkshire that has been covered before, the site is nearly completely destroyed but the main barn and some of the out buildings still exist. 
      I enjoyed looking around the site and turning it into a cinematic style video (i hope i aren't hated for it, my last video i posted on here went down well).
      Let me know what you think of the video.
    • By -Raz-
      After finding ourselves in a live swimming baths in Birmingham we had a short trip to West Brom to have a look at this place which from the outside doesn't look too big but once inside its huge, loads of interesting stuff!
      Visited with @hamtagger & @Fatpanda

Cheers for looking
    • By Baldrickthecunning
      West Park was a nice site, but every man and his dog knew about it and the same shots used to get taken time and again. Reaperman (of http://abandoned-britain.com/ ) and I decided to do a night visit at a time when the place was extremely popular, and use it more as an experimenting ground for natural and artificially lit shots. Our aim wasn't to cover much ground, but to take shots until they came out right!
      It was a good experience and co-ordinating the lighting was good fun. Simply lit with torches and 2 coloured gels.

Mr. B
    • By Lara
      I know this place has been done loads but we had to do it. We had a amazing day surrounded by secca and builders and we some how managed not to get caught. I think this was the easiest splore ever for us!
      Splored with Miss.Anthrope

Thanks for looking x
    • By Jesus
      Now then.
      Recently Maniac, Frosty and I went out for a spot of Dover derping and this is "wot we done"
      South trollands #1:

Troll mills west:

Thanks to the guys for an entertaining evening out, and thanks to you for looking in,
      R. Jewson