Lazarus

Architectural Plans of St Joseph's Preston

Found some existing site plans of St Jo's that seem to match up with how it was when I went in with Urblex recently to take some photos. I've not seen them on here but if they are already on here just let me know and I'll take this down? :) Thought it would be a good idea to share them so everyone can use them. There in the form of a PDF so I'll post the link to it and you can do as you will with it. There is some waffle at the beginning describing planning permission that was granted in 2009 for "demolition of existing buildings, conversion of remaining buildings and erection of new three, four and five storey buildings to form 81 private dwellings and apartments." Yet nothing is being done about it currently.

This is the link to the PDF containing the existing plans:

http://www.architecture.com/Files/RIBAProfessionalServices/Regions/NorthWest/events/2013/ForgottenSpacesPreston/StJosephsOrphanage.pdf

This is further information on the planning application and the proposed plans:

http://publicaccess.preston.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=84504#sthash.rnieHNdZ.dpuf

Cheers folks:)

Lazarus

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MiaroDigital
      On this trip, we found this litte but nice asylum in the near from the actual objective. 
      Fast in - fast out with realy nice motive's

Pflegeheim 60 01 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Pflegeheim 60 02 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Pflegeheim 60 03 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Pflegeheim 60 04 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Pflegeheim 60 05 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Pflegeheim 60 06 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Pflegeheim 60 07 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Pflegeheim 60 08 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Pflegeheim 60 09 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Pflegeheim 60 10 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

• By HitGirl
      Explored with one other non member
      Fab little place with the most beautiful stairs i have ever seen

• By lanky8804
      Hi all, well this is my fist post so im starting with something easy.
      Arrived Sunday afternoon with camera in hand. Thought i would be climbing over and under fences but this place is wide open so just strolled in through the front gate
      Place has been graffitied to death but was interesting to look around. I forgot my tripod so will be venturing back at some stage for some more pics.
      Some history about the place:
      Now for some pictures:

Not much but found the old school building interesting to look around.
      What are peoples thoughts on a 50mm 1.8f lens for this kind of photography? Currently using my 18-200mm on my Nikon D5100.
    • By Stussy
      During a Italian trip waaaay back in 2016, I visited this rather lovely Manicomio in the heart of a seaside Italian City, it was impressive to say the least.  Huge stairs, huge windows, high ceilings, but sadly rather empty, but I enjoyed it enough to go back this year with Baroness Von DerpBangers.

Thanks for looking
    • By Space Invader
      visited with obscurity and wevsky
      a little history .....
      Severalls Hospital in Colchester, Essex, UK was a psychiatric hospital built in 1910 which first opened in May 1913. The 300-acre (1.2 km2) site housed some 2000 patients and was based on the "Echelon plan" - a specific arrangement of wards, offices and services within easy reach of each other by a network of interconnecting corridors. This meant that staff were able to operate around the site without the need to go outside in bad weather. Unlike modern British hospitals, patients in Severalls were separated according to their gender. The architect of the asylum was Frank Whitmore.
      Villas were constructed around the main hospital building as accommodation blocks between 1910 and 1935. Most of the buildings are in the Queen Anne style, with few architectural embellishments, typical to the Edwardian Period. The most ornate buildings are the Administration Building, Larch House & Severalls House (originally the Medical Superintendent's residence).
      on with the pics ...

a good reason to go back ...

Thanks for looking