Denbigh "Silo" Climb - March 2015

North Wales Hospital, Denbigh - March 2015

So, I bought a GoPro a few weeks ago and took it out for a test drive recently around North Wales. I captured footage from various locations and i've thrown together a little clip with dodgy music from t'internet for you all to have a look at :D First time i've using the GoPro editing software and that coupled with a new computer which i don't know how to use, made me want to smash the place up on quite a few occasions over the last few nights. Apologies its 8 mins long but every time i trimmed the video it saved in a unknown location either on my mac or cyberspace. I captured a few Pano's from the top of the Silo thingies and they are shown below.

Brace yourself for cheesy Urrrrbex vid...... :) And see if you can spot Session9 from the top :)

And the two iPhone Panoramics that i took in the video :)

I'll be posting on Youtube from now on so if you like (or need a good laugh at my expense) please subscribe :)

Cheers for looking peeps, and any advice or tips on GoPro/video editing much appreciated :thumb

Cheers mate, next one will be shorter though. Threw in a selfie at the end too if you made it that far haha :thumb

Cheers Raz mate! I've sussed out the basics, but couldn't figure out how to add my own music rather than internet dramatic shit :thumb

Just watched this again.am so impressed that you took the time to film this and share it on here.if i could have vote for video for the century this would be the one .music is brill also and you are a very brave guy to climb those heights,Amazing will watch again

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Lenston
      Visited with The Kwan on a rainy Saturday, some lovely bits left in the area and we missed quite a bit so theres always an excuse for a return visit.
      Some History
      The name Ratgoed derives from “Yr Allt Goed”, which means the steep, wooded hillside. Ratgoed mine was also sometimes known as “Alltgoed”. The Ratgoed slate workings lie at the head of what was originally called Cwm Ceiswyr but became known as Cwm Ratgoed because of the quarry. It lies north of Aberllefenni and northwest of Corris in, what is now, the Dyfi Forest.
      The slate that was quarried at Ratgoed was the Narrow Vein. This runs from south of Tywyn, on the coast, to Dinas Mawddwy about 18 miles inland and follows the line of the Bala Fault. The Narrow Vein was worked along its length at places such as Bryneglwys near Abergynolwyn; Gaewern & Braich Goch at Corris, Foel Grochan at Aberllefenni and Minllyn at Dinas Mawddwy. The slate at Ratgoed dips at 70° to the southeast, the same as Foel Grochan.
      Ratgoed was a relatively small working, it was worked from around 1840 until its closure in 1946.

Le Kwan

Thanks for looking
    • By stevieboy
      Spooky place i used to pass regular
      Denbigh.... that was it
    • By Faith Roswell

My name is Faith- I have a website/blog for my adventures around the world. Lots of urbex, Mad Max/postapocalyptic festivals like Wasteland Weekend, ghost towns, legends etc. I'm based in England but travel all over the place and I'm always looking to team up with fellow explorers.

• By Hooismans
      This is Manicomio Di V (Mental asylum). The hospital was built in 1930 due to growing demand for mental support in the region. The hospital closed in 1991 due to new laws.
      The overgrown church
      The entrance of the theatre 

The decaying theatre 

The old projector

Fences to prevent patients escaping or committing suicide

The overgrown roads through the facility

The entrance of the shower building

The shower rooms

Decaying bathroom

Picture of one of the patients

This was the section were alcohol addicted people would be taken care of

Old poster of a Lancia Prisma

Backstage the theatre

The stockroom 

One room were the patients would sleep

a couple of phones thrown in a corner
      Thanks for looking!
    • By Britain's Decays
      We visited St John's Hospital in Lincolnshire on Sunday, here is our video. Although we were told the security at the hospital was extremely tight we didn't actually come across any security at all! They must have been having a day off lol.