• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By HitGirl
      Explored with one other non member
      Fab little place with the most beautiful stairs i have ever seen

• By Bam Boostick
      Came across this one; Kinmel Hall near Rhyl - North Wales. Not too far from me so I'm going to do a little research about reaching the place via public transport (unfortunately I don't drive..).

Some history on the Hall:
      http://docs.novaloca.com/165_20062_634595428790297892.pdf
      The article:
      http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/architecture/kinmel-hall-the-welsh-versailles-lies-derelict-and-unloved--who-will-come-to-its-rescue-10502644.html?cmpid=facebook-post
    • By lanky8804
      Hi all, well this is my fist post so im starting with something easy.
      Arrived Sunday afternoon with camera in hand. Thought i would be climbing over and under fences but this place is wide open so just strolled in through the front gate
      Place has been graffitied to death but was interesting to look around. I forgot my tripod so will be venturing back at some stage for some more pics.
      Some history about the place:
      Now for some pictures:

Not much but found the old school building interesting to look around.
      What are peoples thoughts on a 50mm 1.8f lens for this kind of photography? Currently using my 18-200mm on my Nikon D5100.
    • By Stussy
      During a Italian trip waaaay back in 2016, I visited this rather lovely Manicomio in the heart of a seaside Italian City, it was impressive to say the least.  Huge stairs, huge windows, high ceilings, but sadly rather empty, but I enjoyed it enough to go back this year with Baroness Von DerpBangers.

Thanks for looking
    • By Space Invader
      visited with obscurity and wevsky
      a little history .....
      Severalls Hospital in Colchester, Essex, UK was a psychiatric hospital built in 1910 which first opened in May 1913. The 300-acre (1.2 km2) site housed some 2000 patients and was based on the "Echelon plan" - a specific arrangement of wards, offices and services within easy reach of each other by a network of interconnecting corridors. This meant that staff were able to operate around the site without the need to go outside in bad weather. Unlike modern British hospitals, patients in Severalls were separated according to their gender. The architect of the asylum was Frank Whitmore.
      Villas were constructed around the main hospital building as accommodation blocks between 1910 and 1935. Most of the buildings are in the Queen Anne style, with few architectural embellishments, typical to the Edwardian Period. The most ornate buildings are the Administration Building, Larch House & Severalls House (originally the Medical Superintendent's residence).
      on with the pics ...

a good reason to go back ...

Thanks for looking