The Victoria Infirmary in Glasgow is due to shut this year due to the opening of the new Southern General Hospital. I was wondering if anyone knew how it takes them to fully secca these places up, and if I'd have a chance to get a wee mooch around? ;)

Hi mate, it'll depend on the future plans for the place at a guess. Ie. if it's been bought by a developer for millions of squid then they're likely to shut the place down quite quickly and secca the place up to preserve their financial interest in the place. If it's just closing with no concrete plans for the site then secca is less likely for the time being. Secca or not, it's always best to keep an eye on the place and no amount of internet research can beat physically rocking up at a place and just having a look :)

Would be cool to see some shots from here, it's a grand looking building. Good luck mate! :thumb

Edited by hamtagger

At a glance thats one Hospital that seams to have a terrible reputation.

I see the A&E closed its doors as of this morning in the usual phased closure.

All NHS properties have a good level of CCTV coverage as is policy and no doubt to some degree they will utilize.

As to what degree they will be manned is another matter?

Lets hope some manage to sneak a peak :D

Cool heads up mattkasp_er :thumb

I'll definitely keep an eye on it! Been following the forum for a while now, but because I live in Glasgow without a car going to find anything has been difficult! Only found derped out places back home in Argyll. Poltalloch House out there is gorgeous but doesn't even have a floor in most places! If I find anything I shall report!

Firstly wow!

I had no idea the vicky was closing, I left Glasgow for Englandshire three years ago. When is the last day of operation?? I will promptly be straight onto wikipedia!

I'm up for explo doon there as soon as its possible, cameras at the ready! Got some memories in there over the years and the wider Battlefield area, Langside college when I was studdying there years ago. And of course many a great night of drinking in the mission, laterly the langside. Sadly now another bloody supermarket...

Will be coming back home to the motherland soon, a look round the vicky would be wicked! :P

Are there many Glasgow based urbanexbos on here?!

Aw the best,

Weeman.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By prettypeculiar
      This building used to be a monastery but in the first World War it was turned into an emergency hospital for soldiers who fought in the trenches. Many Belgian soldiers were brought into care here, which explains why the ' don't spit on the floor" sign is both in French and English.

We came here on a chilly winters day in December. I loved how the warm sunlight supported the nice colours in the building. 
      It's also the first location in which i stripped down to take a selfie, to find out later on,  loads of other explorers had been there on the same day. this could had turned out very awkward

Thanks for watching. 
    • By mturbex
      Abandoned and decayed. One of the most interesting place I've visited with exciting building structure, combined with decaying details. Shame about the place is about to get knocked down. An experience to remember.
      https://www.facebook.com/manny.teh/media_set?set=a.1945695755495938.1073741854.100001665983033&type=3&pnref=story
    • By EveDestruction
      The abandoned mining hospital, located in Hungary, dates back to the nineteenth century. A coal mining company in 1898 began construction of a small mining hospital, which began operations with the approval of the Minister of the Interior on December 17, 1900. The hospital. According to descriptions, it has been adapted for 50 beds. There was a surgical, internal and infectious department. The building was full of lighting, sewage and bathrooms. The facility was one of the most modern hospitals at the time. The care was extended to include the epidemic (1909) and the pharmacy. In 1911 the number of residents increased to such an extent that the hospital was no longer able to meet this number. In 1911, a new hospital was started, which started operating in 1912. The necessary buildings were built in the courtyard of the hospital (morgue, a section of the hospital, a chapel, a house for doctors and nuns, a horse farm). The three-storey hospital had 129 beds for patients who were placed in 23 units. The mining company was responsible for maintaining the hospital, covering all personnel and all costs. Despite many years of change, the mining hospital developed with the development of mining. The hospital was relocated in 1998 to a new hospital complex. Hungarians are tightly attached to the old building and have been trying to save one of the oldest buildings in the city for several years. It was sold for approximately HUF 276 million ($ 1 million). I am planning a rehabilitation center, an oncological center and a nursing home. 
      I invite to visit my site on facebook.
      Link to the full album: https://www.facebook.com/pg/urbexdestruction/photos/?tab=album&album_id=143007552995318

[/url]