You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Zen1991
      So this is my first post on this forum, I found out about these houses on a Abandoned Lincolnshire group on Facebook and thought they were definitely worth a trip, but... the first trip wasn't very successful, the address for these houses took us to two houses on the other side of Withcall that were at one point abandoned but have since been knocked down, so after about half an hour of looking around it became very clear the houses weren't there.

After talking to the person who posted them originally and finding out the real location we headed back up to find them. We had to make sure we kept quiet as there is a neighbor attached to the 2nd station house and we weren't sure they'd have appreciated a night time visit from 3 explorers haha. 

Access to the house is easy, the doors being left open is always convenient. Walking around the houses only took 30 minutes or so , but was still a nice little explore. It's one of them places that besides a few repairs and some serious wallpapering, it looks like the family could just walk back through the front door and pick up their lives where they left off which gave the houses a real creepy vibe.

I guess that's all that really needs to be said about these houses. Here's a few pictures: 

Thanks for reading:) 
    • By hamtagger
      Twenty Foot Farm

The Explore

Visited with @Urbexbandoned on a chilly March morning. Thanks to @Mikeymutt for the location of a place that I'd probably driven past a few hundred times when I lived nearby and an classic example of me not keeping my eyes open when I should've done. This place confused me a little bit. The family who ran their pork/bacon business from here are supposed to have only moved premises to another location in Lincolnshire, so i'm unsure as to why they left such a large property full of furniture and stuff empty and falling into dereliction. Anyway, glad they did and I walked away from the place dreaming about renovating the place and living there...

The History
       (Stolen as per)

Not a lot of history to be found online about this place but the residents were well known within the area and their family dates back to the 1800's. This was once a thriving farm. Producing Pigs for Bacon as well as other fresh produce.

The Pictures

As always, thanks for looking and feedback always appreciated  
    • By Urbexbandoned
      History

Pair of former chapels, now disused. 1856. By Michael Drury. Coursed and squared rubble with ashlar dressings and plain
      tile roof. Gothic Revival style with pointed arched windows and Geometrical tracery.
      EXTERIOR: chamfered and moulded plinth, sill band, moulded eaves, coped gables with crosses and finials.
      North side has a central gable with an archway and shafts, flanked by single gabled buttresses. Beyond, single blocked
      3-light windows.
      To left, the octagonal east chapel has angle buttresses and 3 gables, each with a 4-light window. Roof gablets. Fleche
      removed.
      To right, west chapel with apsidal end and buttresses, 3 bays, with six 2-light windows with hoodmoulds. In the north gable,
      a 5-light window.
      Square north-west tower, 3 stages, has to north a gabled doorway with shafts. Above, a trefoiled vescia piscis and to
      east, a 2-light window. Third stage has a foiled corbel table and to north, a rose window. On the other sides, 3-light
      windows. Spire removed.
      INTERIOR: east chapel has an arch braced conical roof with collars forming a corona. West chapel has a moulded stone arch
      to the apse, and an arch braced double purlin roof. Both chapels have foliage corbels.           

The Explore 

This was the first explore out with my new camera and i'm pretty chuffed with the pics. I really can't take any credit at all for this,  @hamtagger, has been watching this place for probably the best part of 2 years. I would have known nothing about it otherwise. We were on an evening walk through the cemetery (being interested in the dead and all, this is how we roll) when we noticed that the door was slightly ajar. Outside the door there are a few beer cans which at a guess gave me the impression that a drunk had tried getting in. Not equipped with our camera's and with light not being on our side we decided to come back another day. After a few days we found ourselves in there one afternoon. Not knowing what to expect really, we knew that the place had been closed for a long time and judging by the quantity of pigeon shit even behind the door which had built up in to a mound having been recently opened it was longer than we thought. This should have been called the Pigeon Palace. What a lovely little place for these flying rats to nest. 
      Only the West side is accessible, going in through the door it has a lovely porch area. To the left was a small room, teracotta and black diamond floor made from Clay tiles, 2 windows and a small fire looking thing in the corner.
      On the right as you go in there is another door which leads to the tower. Unfortunately no way you can get up with the rotting stairs and platfforms above. The spire had been removed leading to a lot of water ingress.
      The main Chapel was relatively pretty, decorated at the edges where the concrete arches were with foliage made from stone. The Pews were nicely crafted too. The altar still remains but very bare. Allthough it very much had the feeling of a church there was very little to make clear that it was infact a church other than those things we would recognise as being in one. There were no plaques on the wall, inside or out. No scriptures, nothing. I really enjoyed it, despite the pigeon cemetery and faeces inside. Some really nice woodwork on the window frames on the exterior of the East side, I have googled and nothing has come up. It looks like a crocodile/Alligator/Lizard??

Anyway, on with the pics and thanks for looking!

6, The Pews had suffered from woodworm, sadly.

8, The remains of the tower

• By Urbexbandoned
      History 

There isn't a lot of history to this. It opened in July 1958 and closed in September 1991. 
      That is literally about it. 

The Explore 

I came across this when I was looking at another forum, myself and @hamtagger liked the look of the 'Manning up Procedure' sign which was evident in another thread. However when we got there the sign had gone. A slight disappointment but still quite an interesting place to visit. Way out of my comfort zone and my first 'underground' explore but in all honesty I quite enjoyed it. 
      This place was previously locked with a bar and padlock but they lay just on top of the post so has become open recently at a guess. 
      I loved the old style Walkers crisp packets, Even I can't remember walkers crisp packets like that and I'm well old! Some nice bits left over too, the same chairs remained since at least 1999 when the old picture was taken. The sign on the door was quite nice and a few other bits dotted about. 

Anyway, on with the pics

This was a pic of the inside which was taken in 1999 

How we found it .. 

Hot & Fruity Flavour Walkers crisps?? 

• By MrT
      Had chance to visit this place with permission so living down the road i thought it was worth popping in. The Old Nick was the original police station in Gainsborough. It is an Italianate-style Grade II building at the junction of Spring Gardens and Cross Street - just above the vehicular access to Marshall's Yard. Back in 1859 land on this site was sold to build a Magistrates' Court and Police Station. These buildings served their purpose until 1972 when the new police station on Morton Terrace was built followed by the new Magistrates' Court on Church Street in 1978. The court room is now the main theatre, still can see the main structure but they were practising for a show so no great photos, again with the judges rest room, its the costume room. 

Down stairs though, pretty untouched are the cells, interview room, doctors room, check in desk and exercise yard.

Few other bits and bobs to see, this is it really. If you close by and get the chance its worth it. Another local one im glad to get off the list anyways 

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!