Art 'n Decay

Art 'n Decay in da house!

Hello

I'm kind of a forum-noob, but this platform-thing looks very interesting, we will get to know each other better soon I hope :-)

I follow oblivionstate a lot on facebook, and so now it seems I washed up on this wasteland-paradise between you other decay-fetishists

So thank you skeleton key for inviting me over ;-)

OK, so hi, I am Jef Peeters, 33 years old and living in Antwerp, Belgium.

Hooray: land of beer, city of diamonds (and I do refer to "Chambre De Commerce" rather than the pointy chrystal rocks)

I normally speak dutch, so apologies for the grammar and writing-champions among you brothers and sisters...

I will do my best, but honestly I have a lack on grammar anyway :-P

I am "urbexing", as in exploring with a photocamera, for five years now.

Started with a Nikon D40 for some time, now shooting with good old Nikon D7000,

and planning to get an FX... a Nikon D750, or the giant leap to Canon, I don't know yet.

In five years exploring, I have done some nice adventures.

In Belgium off course, but I do like to go abroad: Netherlands, Germany, France, Luxembourg.

Two weeks ago I went first time to Italy for six days, and that won't be the last time either for sure!

I will post some eyecandy later on, I am way behind editing, but for those who want to see it all at once:

everything I editted on my flickr-albums: https://www.flickr.com/photos/artndecay/albums

or on my facebook-page: https://www.facebook.com/ArtnDecay

Never made it to UK, I wish, but I heard it's very hard to explore overthere.

I do dream walking in Potter's school, Post office, Camelot Park or that ark synagoge.

And I really need to see those maunsell sea forts before you can rent a room in those.

I read a lot of you live in UK, so I hope we will discuss this topic later on

See you around, on the web or on the road,

and if I can help you out on something, don't hesitate to ask.

cheers

Welcome to the forum mate, great into from your self and sounds like you have been to a good few places.

Plenty of us here in the UK if you ever plan a trip over, look forward to seeing some reports and pictures from yourself

, let me know if you need help with anything :thumb

Jef welcome on the forum and good to see you here :D

It can be strange if never forum orientated but here are such good people to simplify and assist.

A great write up and insight and thank you for taking the time :D

Regarding posting you have to host images first and there are several ways of doing so.

http://www.oblivionstate.com/forum/showthread.php/4821-The-new-photobucket-up-amp-down-load-guide-2013

http://www.oblivionstate.com/forum/showthread.php/4769-Posting-New-Thread-via-Flickr

http://www.oblivionstate.com/forum/showthread.php/8949-Sharing-images-from-Wordpress-sites

Please just shout if need any assistance :thumb

Hello Jef, welcome to the forum and giving us a nice intro. I'm off to Antwerp in August :)

If you need any thing just ask :) looking forward to seeing posts from you :)

Tracey

Welcome along Jef. Exploring in the UK seems to have that reputation across the channel but it's the same as anywhere really. Some places you can just walk in with no hassle and some places are very secure, it's swings and roundabouts. There are a lot of amazing places over here at the moment and you will see many of them being posted on here. I will also be passing through Antwerp soon so maybe I'll bump into you in a waffle shop :D

Welcome along Jef. Exploring in the UK seems to have that reputation across the channel but it's the same as anywhere really. Some places you can just walk in with no hassle and some places are very secure, it's swings and roundabouts. There are a lot of amazing places over here at the moment and you will see many of them being posted on here. I will also be passing through Antwerp soon so maybe I'll bump into you in a waffle shop :D

great man! Let me know when you're in the neighbourhood or if I can help you out with something, cheers

welcome aboard dude, got a feeling you will turf out some nice stuff man, looking forward to seeing your stuff :thumb

thanks, I'll do my best ;-) You've done some awesome stuff too man... and a really adore that Royalty cinema you shot!