-Raz-

Climbing a silo at British sugar in Bardney

Having seen a few reports from this place a couple years ago and nothing recently me and a pal went over to check it out, we completely winged the trip here didn't have a clue what was derelict and what wasn't due to part of the site being live!

:D We even got locked in a courtyard at one point! A return visit is definitely on the cards as I didn't mange barely any of the inside :(

Music by: deadmau5 - Avaritia (Dimension bootleg)

Edited by -Raz-

Been meaning to check it out for a while, not been anything from here for years. New camera's aren't monitored well then. Some nice shots to be had inside

Fuckin hell I looked into this place a while back and then swiftly forgot about it again. It's only a couple of miles from me so I'll check it out again now that you've reminded me cheers! :D

Fuckin hell I looked into this place a while back and then swiftly forgot about it again. It's only a couple of miles from me so I'll check it out again now that you've reminded me cheers! :D

let us know how you get on mate, the way in is fun!

Getting locked in that court yard wasnt fun haha! cant believe that guy didnt see us. Think we proved how well we can climb gettinmg out of that situation :thumb

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By slwx
      My very first explore... A disused factory in Manningtree. I've seen this place plenty of times on the train on my way to Ipswich, and always wanted to get in there. It was used mainly for the production of celluloid. Some of the site is still active, but it's pretty easy to tell which parts they are.
      Some building were subject to an arson attack, and I understand a lot of the interesting stuff was destroyed. So the buildings I entered were mostly just wrecked.
      Now, pictures, sorry for all the fisheye... New lens, got way too carried away!
      Thanks for looking.

• By Buffalo
      The former British Gas building was built in the 1960's and at 147ft is the 21st tallest building in Leeds. Originally to be demolished, this building currently has plans of being converted into a hotel designed by Simpson Haugh and partners. The podium building will also be extended and raised to four storeys along its full length, and work is now progressing on the demolition phase.

I was with @plod and another user from 28DL when I explored this in June but I have since come back a few times and built up a series of photos taken from late afternoon through to the night. Pretty cool place this, the views are amazing. It's definitely worth the huge trek up those stairs  As I still currently use a bridge camera, not all of my pictures turned out all that good due to photographing in unfavorable conditions for the most part but I wanted to show them anyway.

• By Lenston
      Not exploring but still worth a look, fook climbing this ......

• By Dmax
      I've had my eye on this Silo for a few years as my girlfriend used to work not far from this site so I used to see it everytime I would go and meet up with her. I had a wonder about a few times with a friend but it always seemed very busy down there , anyway the whole place had shut down so I had to give it a go. it was a bit foggy but on a clear night you should be able to see for miles sorry to say its gone now but it was a good one for the very short time it was there.
      I found a small bit of info on the net sorry its not much ..
      Tunnel Refineries changed its name to Amylum which is the latin for Starch
      The 50 acre site at Greenwich processes crops such as wheat and maize and extracts starch. The starch is then converted into glucose syrup. The syrup is then forwarded into the food chain and appears in most processed foods that we eat.

this is the fire escape you have to climb. its well fucked and you have to step over a big gap but it all adds to the fun

• By Dmax
      British Celanese is a chemical company based at Spondon in Derbyshire.
      The site was constructed between 1916-1918 by Sir Robert McAlpine with £5million provided by the War Office.
      Over 30million bricks were used in the construction the original site covered 121 hectares.
      British Celanese was the first factory in Britain to produce propylene and from it isopropyl alcohol and acetone in 1942.
      In 1957, British Celanese was taken over by Courtaulds.
      The plant finally closed on Wednesday 14 November 2012 but a few parts seem to be still live.
      the electric supply was still on in a lot of the parts we got into so turning the lights on made taking photos quite easy
      This place is big , theres a on site power station but we did not get in as it looked like it was well belled up.