France Antiquities - old church cum antiques/reclamation yard

On the way back to Dunkirk I happened across this in a little town/village called Verberie. It looked like an old derelict church & vicarage but once inside it became clear that at some stage it was an Antiques warehouse. The pictures on Google Earth show it inhabited but it's not like that anymore. There were other buildings on the plot but they were too overgrown with brambles which become like razor wire in the warmer weather.

Ornate gate to an inaccessible house.

Inside the church the 1st floor was done in chipboard which now constituted the floor at ground level.

Old spiral staircase in corner.

Inside the Vicarage.

Interesting ornament on the fire surround.

Upstairs was mostly cleaned out.

And through the door to...

Not going up there.

Out buildings

Full set https://www.flickr.com/photos/infraredd/sets/72157654286344958

Thanks for looking.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bob
      An oil refinery being decommissioned... I went there with my bicycle, managed to get it past the first fence which was nice xD
      I hope i didn't put too many photos...
      D90 with sigma 17-70

• By SticksandDrones
      This is my first Urbex adventure. I recently moved to West Sussex and though I'd have a look around at some popular and easily accessible sites to explore. I stumbled upon Bedham Chapel and after some quick research, I found the location and travelled there. We drove down a single track road until spotted it in the woodland below us. We parked a few hundred metres further down the road and set out on foot to get there.
      This is my video report that I captured and I apologise for the clickbaity title of the video and the fact that it's so weird it looks staged. But it really isn't! My girlfriends reaction to this is real and we were definitely creeped out by our find. If anyone has any idea of what this ceremony was about, please let me know!
      Video Link

• By teddybear
      Was  reminded that I didn't posted anything yet so, here's a post of a recent visit to this mine. This one is not the safest one :-) . Some parts are  already collapsed.
      There are several levels but the lower did we skip. Heard that the air quality is not the best there and we didn't bring the rope ladder .
      Was nice  to explore. Hope you enjoy looking at this.

• By cgeff
      Hi All,
      Some pictures of a mine. A spot quite dangerous but a great place !
      Hope you will like these pictures