TW1234

Hello from Maidstone, Kent

Hi guys, just thought I'd post in here to say hi. I'm from Maidstone, Kent and have been interested in Urbex for a while, but never really looked into it seriously. Recently I've started looking into places around Kent (and i've found some good locations!) and I shall be going on these 'trips' soon. Meanwhile I have a few previous adventures that i'll share with you guys soon.

Hi guys, just thought I'd post in here to say hi. I'm from Maidstone, Kent and have been interested in Urbex for a while, but never really looked into it seriously. Recently I've started looking into places around Kent (and i've found some good locations!) and I shall be going on these 'trips' soon. Meanwhile I have a few previous adventures that i'll share with you guys soon.

Hi there and welcome to the forum. :-)

There's a fair few of us from Kent on here, me included so get some of your photos up and get involved. :-)

Maniac.

Yeah I've started seeing quite a few people from around Kent, which is a good thing! I've gathered about five places that I will upload later. :)

Hello mate and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to those reports and good to see you making the leap and getting involved :)

Aye it's like a big group hug here from time to time lol :D

Plenty around your neck of the woods as said by maniac, looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By silverainbow
      Been holding off on this one while I attempted to seek out some much needed history, but regret to say I failed miserably so what little history there is has already been covered by Sx-Riffraff in his thread (http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=63509), I did however discover that the latin motto "Spero Meliora" in the stained glass window halfway up the stairs reads "I aspire to Greater things", it was used by the "Moffat" clan although the Crest does not resemble theirs ?, It also transpired that I had visited this house on more than one occasion back in the late 80's so that explained the great sense of Deja-vu I had whilst walking around the site, I do now remember that it was split up into two houses in one
      Visited with Space Invader, Obscurity, Jade and Wevsky
      Right on with my Pics, 2nd outing with the "Wangle"

"I aspire to greater things"

Sorry about the shadow, just loved the tiling in here

Glorious suite from "Back in the day"

Sorry for the sheer amount of pics, I took an endless amount and could post loads more but I felt these were the "best of"
      Thanks for looking !

• By PowerSurge
      This site is in amazing condition and although this was a tour, the lady showing us around was more than happy for us to take some time to take photos.
      Most of the smaller items have been removed to a ROC museum, alot of the larger items such as generators remain. The generators apparently still work.
      After reading other posts on ROC Posts and seeing one for myself not too long ago it was amazing to see where theses posts reported back to. One of the guides was also an ex BT engineer who worked at the HQ.
      This particular site was capable of housing up to 70 people, with enough stores for them to stay in the bunker for one month
      Extract from Sub Brit - EXTANT 57 London Road was originally in civilian occupation and named `Fairlawns'. The property was requisitioned in 1939 as a new headquarters for No.1 Group of the Royal Observer Corps, who had previously been stationed in rooms above Maidstone Post Office. An operations room was built in the house using the ground floor and basement. Fairlawns was in use throughout the war until stand down. In the 1950s Fairlawns was relegated to being a training centre for the group control at Beckenham (19 Group). In 1961 a new semi-sunk control was built to the rear of Fairlawns with administration located in the house. Beckenham was then relegated to being training centre for 1 Group at Maidstone. The former 19 Group HQ at Dura Den, Park Place, Beckenham was absorbed into No. 1 Group in 1953 but was retained for as a secondary training centre until 1968 In 1976 Fairlawns was renamed Ashmore House in memory of the Corps' founder Major Ashmore. On closure Ashmore House and the bunker behind was sold to a local solicitors.
      Maidstone 1

One of the latches on the main door

Thanks for the warning

Looking down to the second level

Door to the plant room

Smoke/Air Scrubber

BT equipment room

Looking back from the BT equipment room back to the plant room

• By vanishing days
      probably one of the weirdest places ive explored as the heating and electric still runs as its connected to the bingo hall next door thanks to abandoned uk for the tour visited with 12 gauge as well. loads of little bits still around didnt have my eos with me on this one so pics are a bit poor any way on we go
      Main Entrance

admin upstairs parts

art deco style room upstairs

cinemas 1 and 2

Projector room

my favorite

• By Maniac
      Thought I'd post up photos from my visit here in April this year.
      This location is very under-valued in my opinion, it is in fantastic condition inside and makes for a really interesting couple of hours explore. The building is pretty big inside, many offices and little back rooms to be found, as well as two projector rooms (Projectors sadly gone) with 3 cinema screens and lots of other random rooms. There's also a fair amount of origenal features and detailing in the building, which is fantastic!
      The cinema closed its doors in 1999 (I think) when the multiplex odeon opened down the road at lockmeadow. It has laied empty ever since, although someone must maintain it, as it's surprisingly clean and tidy inside, and the ventilation/heating system is still on (as the bingo hall underneath share the same system)
      Apologies for the quality of these pics, they were on my old camera and were mostly handheld as I didn't posess a tripod back then!!
      Reception/foyer area

Going up . . .

Pop corn anyone??

To the Cinema Screens

This is Screen 2, Screens 1 and 2 are virtually identical mirror images of each other where the origenal audatorium was split in 2.

Motors that powered the screen curtains and shuttering.

Screen 3 was the most amazing room with the most fantastic plasterwork in the ceiling.

And this random room, who knows what it was used for, but there were lots of period features in it, and a bloody strip light right in the middle spoiling it all!

Random rooms everywhere with all sorts of bits in

Some projector room equipment, but no projectors

And a couple of images from the roof looking over maidstone

It was an amazing place to look round, nice and warm and dry for a change as well.
      Maniac.
    • By knowles101
      Hi, anyone in maidstone planing an explore i have never been but want to no some people to go with.
      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk