Tinnitus Doll

Russia Decay of Russian churches.

Hi! I'm here not very often and frankly speaking sometimes I don't understand how the forum works:) But when I'm here I wanna show you places that are different from the norm you used to. Of cause in my country almost everything is quite different from Europe but maybe the greatest difference turns up in cultural locations.

In the times of USSR our country rejected god. Churches were used like warehouses or schools, icons were painted over or burnt as well as religious books. I'm an atheist but would never understand that blasphemy. A lot of things with historical and antiquarian value were destroyed.

Now the country tries to restore respect to religion but still. Many churches are demolished and even more are abandoned in a very sad state. Amounts of them are situated in small villages that don't have money to restore them.

Here you can see some pictures of such churches.

0_e7e85_decf7bba_XL.jpg

0_e7e84_1dbaa107_XL.jpg

0_e7e86_ee580bf9_XL.jpg

0_e7e88_51d6b4ae_XL.jpg

0_e7e8b_ae35f78f_XL.jpg

0_e7e8c_3ba07f51_XL.jpg

0_e7e8e_2d517ea2_XL.jpg

Find a man on the photo:)

0_e7e8f_f1f5d5b5_XL.jpg

0_e7e92_42b8ca78_XL.jpg

0_e7e8d_22aa176e_XL.jpg

0_e7e97_4b63509c_XL.jpg

0_e7e9b_b42d312a_XL.jpg

0_e7e9c_8b18f465_XL.jpg

u9i0FBbvbrk.jpg

The year 1949 (!!!), the church was already abandoned!

pGZlF3_VHlc.jpg

OdjXCnTYEHE.jpg

Well it looks empty and almost broken but maybe it'll be interesting for you!

PS. Mates, maybe in some months I will move to live to another country and won't have an opportunity to white and read the forum. If you are really interested I can spend some more time to show you the places I already visited;)

Edited by Tinnitus Doll