Hydro

Motion Sensors - A way around?

Afternoon all,

Recently heard that those massive tin foil sheets used with shock patients can fool PIR scanners?

Are they the invisibility cloaks as ive heard or do they simply make you look a tw@t lol

Anyone tried?

Ta

I've read up on these feckers endlessly and had noticed the articles about tin foil sheets. Never tried it but might wrap myself in tin foil sometime and explore as a robot to test it out :D

I think most PIR's measure a change in temperature rather than actual "motion". If the room is boiling and your body is too, there is less chance of setting them off as much as I can figure, but I could be wrong. Also read about attaching a mirror on the end of a pole and holding it in front to block the sensor (as long as the mirror has equalised with the temperature in the room where the PIR is situated)

Probably best just to run like fuck and hope for the best lol :D

Could make being caught by secca quite interesting :thumb might get myself a templar shield and long sword to go with it #TemplarGhostDisguise

Id have these ghost hunting nuts in uproar lol

19657969122_2bc94d0c2e_o.png

A prototype i've been working on :D

Looking good mate! does it come with the "delete" sound sample? lol :thumb

Mythbusters conducted many tests on motion sensors and found that while there are ways around them, none are really practical. And there is always the bother that if you get caught, technically you can be arrested for going equipped to steal (as you are using stuff to get around protection systems etc). It's just not worth the hassle.

Mythbusters conducted many tests on motion sensors and found that while there are ways around them, none are really practical. And there is always the bother that if you get caught, technically you can be arrested for going equipped to steal (as you are using stuff to get around protection systems etc). It's just not worth the hassle.

I will keep that in mind... So being arrested for burlary while dressed like a twat :thumb ill just make a hasty exit when i trigger them instead of trying to fool them :)

Best thing to do when confronted with an active motion sensor is set it off, retreat and then hide somewhere so you can see if anyone actually turns up to reset it, if nobody does you're good to go.

Thats pretty much the crack with St. Josephs, only that place is big enough to calmly walk around while the secca attempts to find you :thumb

Passive infra red (PIR) can be avoided with a survival bag from Millets. The foil absorbs your body heat, you can cut a little hole to see through and its a good laugh... but is no good with motion sensors as I recently discovered :(

:police:

Edited by jones-y-gog

Best thing to do when confronted with an active motion sensor is set it off, retreat and then hide somewhere so you can see if anyone actually turns up to reset it, if nobody does you're good to go.

Yeah i agree that is the best thing to do. Unless you're solid snake don't think there is a definite way of getting around the things.

Did hear about someone trying to cover themselves in some sort of thermal gel to try to get around the sensors at st joes but apparently it didn't work. Prefer the old fashioned tin foil hat myself like :grin2:

Passive infra red (PIR) can be avoided with a survival bag from Millets. The foil absorbs your body heat, you can cut a little hole to see through and its a good laugh... but is no good with motion sensors as I recently discovered :(

The tinfoil sheets do work if you take your time and move slowly, however, as PIR's work with the changing temperature, any part of your body that gets exposed risks setting off the alarm.

I have used a Survival Bag at St Joes and it works on about 4 sensors, it stopped working on the last sensor to get into the main chapel sadly, but we still got the shots we needed.

The tinfoil sheets do work if you take your time and move slowly, however, as PIR's work with the changing temperature, any part of your body that gets exposed risks setting off the alarm.

I have used a Survival Bag at St Joes and it works on about 4 sensors, it stopped working on the last sensor to get into the main chapel sadly, but we still got the shots we needed.