Solidvortex

Prison Supra Green Garnish - 2014

I like the look of this, those windows in the first shot are superb!! Lovely decay and peelyness.

Liking the pastel colours too, always good for a bit of decay.

Could you pop the date you visited in the title please mate

Thanks for sharing :thumb

:comp:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TheBaronof Scotland
      ok, been a while since I posted from this trip.
      Day 3, after a very messy night involving several bottles of "baron" red wine, our motley crew awoke.
      Where were we going ?? The night before had been frantic messages home and abroad trying to figure out if the place was still open.......... yes/no/yes/no, then we decided Foret, but then we decided prison........ the last message I had stated it was open, so we got in the car and set off.
      After at least 3 wrong turns on the motorways we finally got heading in the right direction !!
      We met up with 2 explorers from Holland, Mornix and Mallory, good friends and really good to see them again. (Mallorys Apricot pie was amazing !! and who says prison food is rubbish )
      Long story short......... we got in........ took some pics......... go out........ no dramas no gypsies but we heard a few guns being fired in the prison next next door.

cheers
      The Baron
    • By Vief
      I haven't been here for a while, sorry for that. I will try to catch up with you!

I have visit The Patarei Prison in Estonia last summer. For the amount of €2 you can undertake a self-guided ‘urban exploration’ tour. This prison has a long history and I tried to find some info about it, but there's not much to find. It's even not on wikipedia.
      I only knew that it used to be a really bad prison. This site will give you the most detailed information about this fortress. http://www.academia.edu/3767226/Patarei_Prison_Tallinn_problematic_built_heritage_and_dark_tourism
      It's a big complex and I don't think I have seen everything. There are no signs, so I didn't know in what kind of room I was. Now I figured out that one room was "the hanging room". Pretty creepy to know that I was there. 
      I hope you enjoy my set. I'm still working on some photos, there was just so much too see!

• By MrT
      Had chance to visit this place with permission so living down the road i thought it was worth popping in. The Old Nick was the original police station in Gainsborough. It is an Italianate-style Grade II building at the junction of Spring Gardens and Cross Street - just above the vehicular access to Marshall's Yard. Back in 1859 land on this site was sold to build a Magistrates' Court and Police Station. These buildings served their purpose until 1972 when the new police station on Morton Terrace was built followed by the new Magistrates' Court on Church Street in 1978. The court room is now the main theatre, still can see the main structure but they were practising for a show so no great photos, again with the judges rest room, its the costume room. 

Down stairs though, pretty untouched are the cells, interview room, doctors room, check in desk and exercise yard.

Few other bits and bobs to see, this is it really. If you close by and get the chance its worth it. Another local one im glad to get off the list anyways 
    • By JPL
      My first explore in France.

• By jones-y-gog
      The first time I saw pictures of this place it made such an impression that I had to try go there. I heard the stories about the notorious gypsy camp outside and the random police training with dogs and guns...
      However, on a bright morning there we were in Northern France - the first location on what was my first Eurotour. I felt a mixture of things - slight apprehension, massive anticipation and spaced out due to lack of sleep!
      We managed to get in without too much drama and soon bumped into 4 other UK explorers. Here are the pics from the main section of the prison which is the most-photographed

6.   7.

Its well-documented that there are 2 separate sections which make up this prison and in-between runs this piece of 'no-mans-land' 

Sometimes lady luck shines down and so it was - we had timed it perfectly so that access was also possible into the lesser-known section which is
      either lower risk or female inmates depending on who/what you believe. There was a lot more to see in this bit than just rows of cells covered in graffiti....

15 &16

As I took this pic I thought how ironic it was that we were determined to get into a place that housed so many that would do anything to get out of!

And so it was time to leave, and as we did we noticed a couple of dodgy characters from the camp seemed to be following us. Again we were lucky (and relieved) as we bumped into the other 4 explorers and with strength in numbers we got back to the car in very good spirits! 

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!