You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By silverainbow
      This shelter is at the site of Fan Bay Battery a WWII site originally comprising 3 x 6" guns with associated magazines, shelters, Plotting room, Admin and accomodation areas. Today only traces of the gun pits can be found underneath the undergrowth and all surface buildings have been demolished.
      How ever there are still extensive underground remains to be found at the site, the largest of which is the deep shelter, This was constructed in 1941 by No.172 Tunneling Coy Royal Engineers, it is still accessible as are the magazines.
      Visited with Dan H (Non Member) so on with a few Pics, Firstly the one of the Magazines

And now the deep shelter which in my Opinion is still more than worth a visit

Thats all Folks
    • By silverainbow
      This deep shelter is located at the site of the fan bay battery along the cliffs between Dover and St Margarets, Built in 1941 by No172 tunneling Coy Royal Engineers completed in August of the aformentioned year it was designed to accomodate 4 Officers and 185 other ranks.

Really love these underground shelters, would love to find an "untouched" one

• By btf.photography
      Good Evening Everyone,

Just a quick intro to myself, my name is Ben, and im the Photographer at B T Frewin Photography, hence my profile name, and i currently live in Rotherham.
      I am pretty much new to the whole urbex scene, but have a ton of experience with my camera and love a good explore.
      Im just reaching out to fellow rotherham/sheffield urban explores/photographers who wouldnt mind meeting oneday to explore new places and exsisting ones and hopefully get me fully into this.

If so, drop me a messege.

Cheers.
    • By Mockingbird
      Awoke early down a farmers track at 6am, cold an legs numb from the sleep in the car, this place was on my list so it was time to tick it off.
      I rather enjoyed seeing these myself as from peoples pics here an there across the web, light painted like mad in here to even get a shot I was pleased of, loved the peep holes an how the light began to shine in from one end of the cells.
      Some history
      St. Mary’s was originally a work house and later turned into a hospital, this place, unlike most others, retained some of it's original features from it's Workhouse origins. The whole Vagrant's block had been retained. Why they did this was unclear, but a small section of this small block was converted into a small Mortuary that would service both St Mary's and Melton Mowbray cottage hospitals

Thanks for looking everyone
    • By Mockingbird
      Hey folks!
      Have not posted in awhile so thought I would share a fair amount of places, I have visited over the past few months.
      This place I was keen to visit, I dont really like hospitals much but this small place caught my eye, mainly for those luxury tray pillows
      I heard its now sealed if anyone is venturing this way anytime soon, but other places are doable onsite
      Anyway A small mortuary!

Short & Sweet! Cheers for taking a look!