Maniac

The big Kent Meetup, 5th / 6th September 2015

With just under 2 weeks to go until this meet I've got information ready to hand out to those who are coming.

I know a majority of you are on Facebook, but if you're just reading this on here and need the information to come along and join in the fun, please PM me and I'll let you know everything you need to know.

Maniac.

OK I have mailed out the info to everyone now. If you're not on the Facebook event and therefore have not got the info, please PM me here and I will send it to you. :-)

Only a couple of days to go now.

I think I've sent info to everyone who's asked, please shout now if not as I'm going to be a bit busy on Saturday to respond to any messages.

BUMP BUMP

The preperations have begun in Yorkshire for our mighty long drive to Kent...

20 cans of Redbull in my boot :thumb

I drunk 10 cans of Red Bull driving from Kent to Scotland once, I was physically shaking when I got there.

Can't wait. If I get there and I look like a recovering meth addict you know why :lol:

Thanks to everyone who came, I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. :-)

Thanks for arranging matey - looking forward to another one :thumb:beer:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By franconiangirl
      The former children´s sanatorium ("colonia") is located somewhere in the Italian mountains and was once built for the treatment of ill children.

The building itself was a mere time capsule, full of numerous sick beds, school inventory as well as old medical bottles, ointments and tinctures - all of those had exceeded their expiry date by decades. Moreover, we found old documents - old vaccination confirmations of the late 1960s as well as old patient´s lists of the 1950s. 

• By franconiangirl
      I don´t have much information about the small brewery which is located in the south of Germany. The current owner is a guy from England, who disappeared some years ago. Since then, the building has been left to decay. The story hit some headlines in the local newspapers. 

Small, but I loved it anyway!

• By The_Raw
      An abandoned villa, named SS after the town it resides in. Not much to say really, a waste of a perfectly good house! Not my usual kind of explore if I'm honest but it made a change and kept @Miss.Anthropehappy!

Same room but with the balcony doors opened to allow the sunlight in 

Thanks for looking  

• By Paradox
      So this was more of a cheeky little explore than anything planned in advance. A few of us were in the South of France for the Urban Explorer Wedding of the Year, an event that was most definitely epic and involved many many drunken selfies of at least half a dozen drunken explorers (including the Bride and Groom) but hey that's another story and not one for here
      The day after we left the Bride and Groom to do Honeymoony type things and took ourselves off on a trip to the local cokeworks/coal miney type place. It isn't epic or awesome but it was a pretty damn fine mooch to end the trip with.

It is a derpy derp and appears to be a popular place to burn out cars but worth a trip anyway

History is limited and in French so here is my best shot at something that vaguely resembles information but however doesn't mean a great deal to me and is probably worth skipping lol!....

The Sainte Marie open pit was a coal mine of the Mining Unit of Tam, H.B.C.M. (Houilleres du Bassin Centre Midi), in the south-western part of France, near Albi. In this area, a large amount of coal has been exploited by Underground mining. This pit was designed in order to exploit the coal remaining around the shaft (Saint Marie shaft) of an old Underground mine situated in the basin of Carmaux.The diameter at the top of the pit was 1200 metres and its final depth was expected to be 300 metres. The first 100 metres were composed of tertiary deposits (clay and sand) which covered the carboniferous formation. The average slope angle of the Tertiary is 37° (without benches) and in the Coal Measures, it was foreseen from 37° to 50° (with benches of 6 metres high) depending on the slope situaüon. At present üme, the depth of the mine is about 160 metres. 

Nine coal seams have been mined by Underground working between 1900 and 1984. Different methods have been used depending on the thickness, the dip of the layer and the dimension of the panel. In fact, panels were backfilled, caved or undermined long-wall. The basin of Carmaux is a large synclinal split by a dense network of faults which directions are approximately N 140 E. The dips and the dip directions which was left around the shaft, but, close to the slopes, begin the old exploited long walls. These long walls are at different topographic levels due to the particular structure and have been exploited in panels lined by the faults odented approximately N140.

The first design of the open pit was done by a Standard geotechnical survey; this one has taken into account the geomechanical, hydrogeological, structural Parameters äs well äs the "decohesion", induced by the revival of subsidence due to old Underground mining. However, some mining slopes can locally present risks of slipping induced by old Underground mining.

Anyway here are a few pics

Thanks for looking

• By Wevsky
      This was yet another revisit ,but this time i actually spent some time and got some half decent shots,and Obs let me play with the fisheye..Not a huge amount of pics for a change..
      Visited with SpaceInvader Obscurity and Stealth..Very nearly ended thigh high in water in what looked like a solid container,turns out it was full of water and crap so a wet foot was a lucky escape.....There is a Motorhome type of affair on site and entry to access is a tad on the dodgy side. and at one point end of the evening Legs had to be done from a nice shiney police car heading for where we had just rapidly left.
      bit of history from tut net
      Fire brigade plans of the 1970s name these 'D.O.E Tunnels', and they were at the time at the rear of the Dover Storage Company, in Limekiln Street. This area now forms a shipping company's yard. The tunnels themselves probably date back to the early 19th Century, but must have been worked over a period of years, and are just East of the Oil Mill Caves. There is evidence of use throughout the years, including use as air raid shelters during WW2, and a stairway seemingly built during this time links the tunnels to the main train tunnel nearby. A large portion at the rear of the tunnel has suffered a severe roof fall at both ends of a tunnel intersecting the main chamber. The brickwork in the main section is impressive and remains in good condition.
      Some pictors.

Thanks for looking.