Airaux

Reasons

Hi - I've just found this site and I wondered - What is the reason for your exploration into these places? Is it a form if art? - to photograph the place?

I've often asked myself the same question but am unsure of why we do it exactly. There's just something about experiencing the feel of an old asylum, factory or even house. The wonder of what used to be. The photographs merely to record and share these places before they are gone forever, if we didn't do it they'd be lost forever in time.

Or maybe i'm just a nosey bugger :D

Photography, history of the buildings, the explore itself, the buzz from evading security, meeting people who do the same. In no particular order. History is a big thing for me, it has to have some interesting features wether that's architecture or just what the place was.

It sort of bugs me in a way when people ask me this question as I always think, why do you enjoy long walks, watching dogs chasing a rabbit or playing football? It's whatever floats your boat really. If anything, it's quite a sophisticated enjoyment for a lot of people due to the architectural side of thing's.

Personally I love the architecture of old buildings, and the history of them. Walking through an old factory or asylum visualising what it was like in there when it was running fascinates me.

Thanks for replying. The only thing I associate going into old buildings with is doing damage. I guess there are other reasons.

Thanks for replying. The only thing I associate going into old buildings with is doing damage. I guess there are other reasons.

That certainly isn't any good explorers reason. That Sir is an ass holes reason :-)

Maybe this isn't the hobby for you then if you're into "doing damage"?? The idea is not to damage anything and take some pictures of the place

I do it because I can.

I also do it for the clunge.

Mookie baby, where is this ' clunge ' you speak of? 4 hairy arsed explorers across the pond is not clunge. ;-)

Mookie baby, where is this ' clunge ' you speak of? 4 hairy arsed explorers across the pond is not clunge. ;-)

How could you forget dearest Poppy.....

Personally I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie who finds conventional photography rather boring :thumb

I also seem to have a unusual interest in architecture and drainage systems... probably why I'm single :lol:

Years of playing in underground bunkers as a kid that my grandfather built in the 1940s, then doing the same with a camera years later ;)