Hydro

Midland Mills, Bradford - Aug 15

No history unfortunately, and it will soon be luxury apartments

:)

Narrowly avoiding death with Raz, Jamie_P & Rott3nWood.

The Explore;

So we went for a look at the Conditioning House but other than teleportation i couldnt see a way in. So not worth traversing a wall with concreted glass on the top and a gate covered in Razor Wire... Still always come out with a positive right so going with that frame of mind, if i'd have slipped i'd have received ghetto acupuncture free of charge - Sweet :thumb

So over the road we went and after crossing the needle forrest (Not nice pine needles if you catch my drift) we had a look around this place.

Nothing spectacular and not really worth the risk of aids or being mauled by the dogs loose in the building or even the dodgey as fook floors but i still managed to chuck together a decent amount of photos;

20927050470_1ee095d293_c.jpg

20926957960_5a64d41ce0_c.jpg

20927206108_8401602975_c.jpg

21104986502_f9b3bc729a_c.jpg

21104994402_2367713dd5_c.jpg 21104995672_9aac55dae0_c.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb

Nice set of shots mate, not sure if it's worth the risk of aids though lol :D

:comp:

Definitely not. Good job I'm rather light footed :jump

Glad to hear no need for the acupuncture and good to see persistence paid off :thumb

It would have been acupuncture with a trip to A & E shortly after :thumb

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Gangeox
      Walton Mill also known as 'Bump' Mill was built in the 1770's by partners Hewitt (a linen and woollen draper) and Bunting
      (a mercer and draper and later a tallow chandler. "Bump" refers to cheap cotton that was manufactured there in the 1790's.
      I read somewhere, that dressings for the Crimea War were manufactured here.

• By Ramsgatonion
      I'm lacking transport at the moment, so I decided to take a walk and have a revisit of my most familiar UE haunt. Sadly the place has gone downhill fast - it was sealed recently, but they left it a bit late... Once upon a time the site was in great condition, but has sadly become a victim of its popularity with local kids. The building is still sealed up well - so after a comedy entrance, I was inside.
      You could hear a pin drop - even though it was pitch dark, it was reassuring to know I would not have any unwanted company, after seeing how well the place is secured. I remember, months ago my girlfriend and I had a nasty shock while on the roof - hearing an angle grinder start up, before an awkward encounter with the culprits downstairs...
      There has been a mill on this site for roughly 150 years, with the large silo structures built considerably later. As I recall, the site ceased operation around 2005 due to modernization. The site is now in development hell (the plan was to convert the Grade II listed building into apartments) - the buyer paid too much and couldn't make a profit, and left the whole site unguarded for years.
      Anyway, as it was a good night for it, half the photographs are taken from the roof. The other half were taken while I tried not to fall through rotten floorboards...

Thanks for looking!
    • By Nelly
      Tilty Mill is an early 18th Century 3 storey watermill in the Essex village of Tilty.
      It was extended in the 19th Century and most of the machinery dates from this time

In 2007 planning permission was submitted to develop the Grade II* listed mill into residential dwelings.
      The battle that followed went all the way to the Secretary of State

A 1937 water colour of the mill by Walter E. Spradbery (1889-1969)

The old grade two listed building located near to Duton Hill had fallen into disrepair following many years of neglect but land owners Mr and Mrs Collison proposed to convert it into luxury housing.
      The proposal was met with fierce opposition from local residents and trusts who want to turn the mill into a working museum or visitor centre, but a planning application was approved by Uttlesford District Council in March 2007.

Local campaigner Peter Rolph from Abbey View in Duton Hill was one of the leading campaigners who attended a two day consultation in October last year.
      He said: "We managed to get a consultation by appealing against the Uttlesford Council decision. They just agreed to grant planning permission without even looking properly at the site."

The consultation resulted in the application being thrown out on appeal on the grounds that the grade two listed building was an important historical site and any major development work would be a threat to its future.

Mr Rolph spoke of his delight that the application had been rejected and has approached the owners with a sum of £10,000 to take control of the mill's future.
      He said: "There appears to be nothing that the owners can do with the mill other than let it fall completely into disrepair.
      "It is listed so they cannot knock it down or sell it for any massive amount of money. I want to restore the mill back to its former glory."

The old mill still has all its main components and although no water flows through the area at the moment, Mr Rolph said that a sluice gate further upstream can be removed to allow water to power the mill once more.
      He said: "I used to play there when I was just a 10-year-old boy, I'm 65 now and firmly believe that something amazing can be done with that building.
      Mr Rolph has offered that cash because he has a vested interest in the area after growing up around the mill.

• By Nelly
      Hi guys, a bit of a rare appearance from me into the Military Section, but I'm told that you don't bite
      POW CAMP 116 - MILL LANE - HATFIELD HEATH
      Prisoner of War Camp 116 was set up in 1941 to house Italian prisoners of war, and from 1943-1944 it mainly held German and Austrian prisoners.

The POW's were allowed out to work on the nearby farms and one local has this memory of it......
      "The Austrian and German prisoners of war were kept in a camp at Hatfield Heath and sent out daily to 'help on the land'.
      Our first batch were Austrian and they were hard workers and Mum was so sorry for them she looked at their ration for the day and promptly invited them to share our food - they even ate with us.
      The next lot were German and all but one of those were also polite, hard workers and they too shared our food and ate in the kitchen with us.
      My biggest impression was the way they stood whenever Mum got up and would never sit until she too sat down.
      Dad corresponded for some time with one of them, a Walter Scheile from Beilefeld in Germany."

The English Heritage Document entitled "PRISONER OF WAR CAMPS (1939 – 1948)" has this to say about it
      Camp 116
      (Mill Lane Camp, Hatfield Heath) conforms to the so-called ‘Standard’ layout, with the guards’
      compound consisting of MoWP huts, while the living huts are all timber Laing huts.

In one of the outside barns was a Massey Harris combine harvester

And a few old classics (I'll sneak these in and see if they get past the "All Seeing Eye"

• By Wevsky
      Right guys i allmost feel not worthy to post this in the "high"stuff section,But it is a roof top and any one of you who knows me or has waffled to me on chat or fb will realise i suffer that vertigo fear of edges thing.
      That said i have been up MM roof but that was a nice enclosed staircase,this was a different matter shonky steep angled ladder/staircase right out there on the edge of the building where the small metal meshed platform that had been there a long time was less than stable looking in my mind.Big shout to Space Invader for getting me up there and giving me that little push needed to get me to do it on my 2nd attempt..
      Not great views but im told it's the highest point in ramsgate....
      A few pics from what turned out to be ..not as bad as i thought

Thanks to SI for getting me up there!