Hydro

Midland Mills, Bradford - Aug 15

No history unfortunately, and it will soon be luxury apartments

:)

Narrowly avoiding death with Raz, Jamie_P & Rott3nWood.

The Explore;

So we went for a look at the Conditioning House but other than teleportation i couldnt see a way in. So not worth traversing a wall with concreted glass on the top and a gate covered in Razor Wire... Still always come out with a positive right so going with that frame of mind, if i'd have slipped i'd have received ghetto acupuncture free of charge - Sweet :thumb

So over the road we went and after crossing the needle forrest (Not nice pine needles if you catch my drift) we had a look around this place.

Nothing spectacular and not really worth the risk of aids or being mauled by the dogs loose in the building or even the dodgey as fook floors but i still managed to chuck together a decent amount of photos;

20927050470_1ee095d293_c.jpg

20926957960_5a64d41ce0_c.jpg

20927206108_8401602975_c.jpg

21104986502_f9b3bc729a_c.jpg

21104994402_2367713dd5_c.jpg 21104995672_9aac55dae0_c.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb

Nice set of shots mate, not sure if it's worth the risk of aids though lol :D

:comp:

Definitely not. Good job I'm rather light footed :jump

Glad to hear no need for the acupuncture and good to see persistence paid off :thumb

It would have been acupuncture with a trip to A & E shortly after :thumb

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By urbex13
      History

Going to be brief as this is everywhere, I'd recommend rafchurchfenton.org.uk if you're looking for a solid reference on the subject. RAF Church Fenton was opened in 1937, during WWII it had a defensive role protecting the northern Industrial cities from bombing raids. It also hosted the first American volunteer 'Eagle Squadron' during this period. 

Much of its postwar history was dominated by an emphasis on its role as a training airfield and from 1998 to 2003 Church Fenton was the RAF's main Elementary Flying Training airfield. On 25 March 2013 it was announced that Church Fenton would close by the end of the year. The site was bought by a local entrepreneur in late 2014 and the airfield now caters for private flights, having been renamed Leeds East Airport. 

The Explore

Not much to say here. There's a bit of building going on on some adjacent land, whether this means the airfield owner has more significant plans for the derelict portion of the site I have no idea. All in all despite lots of talk of run-ins with police and security it was a very relaxed mooch, albeit slightly disorientating at points with the overgrown and repetitive nature of everything. There's not a great deal in the way of ephemera or artefacts, just lots of peely paint, first-floor ferns and other fairly natural pretty decay. By and large aside from some new (crap) graffiti very little changed between my visits.

The Pictures

I.

II.

III.

IV.

V.

VI.

VII.

VIII.

IX.

X.

XI.

XII.

XIII.

XIV.

XV.

XVI.

XVII.

Thanks for looking.

If you're anywhere vaguely near Sheffield and want to link up then drop me a line.

Cheers, 

Thirteen. 

• By Grey Walker
      This was an old Mine and Mill in Scotland I visited that has been around since the 1820s it was rebuilt after WWII when German Bombers dropped inceduries onto it.
      The lift and mine shaft to the mine is still pretty much intact so I think it may be possible to maybe descend with a rope into the mine it's self.
      There was a CCTV camera on one of the windows of the buildings but I'm sure this was a fake one and just there as a deterent to looters.
      It is the first explore I have done where vandals and looters havent yet ransacked the area so I decided to keep the name of the area private but if anyone wants to visit then shoot me a pm.

• By shacklerurbex
      A quick one this but I'm quite happy with how it came out.
      St. Pauls church was completed in 1849 and shut in 1999. It was (at least in 2008) on the market for the somewhat bargin price of £170,000. Now you dont get the windows with that (they have been auctioned off) you do however get multiple pigeon corpses and the splended aroma they have left behind...

A cracking little church and it's sad to see it in the state it's in.

Like if you like
      subscribe if you wish
      comments welcome
    • By plod
      Not a huge amount to say about this place, just wanted to share a few photos. Came here with @Buffalo
      Explore was pretty straight forward, nothing much left of the place it was still worth a quick visit though.

Thanks for looking 
    • By Merryprankster
      first report in a while, been busy in france  + havent seen anything from this place so thought id share it. It was one of those lucky stumble upon by accident explores, which are always nice, certainly not epic to look at but its nice knowing every corner you walk round is going to be something new that you wont have seen it on someone elses report already. I was actually in the area looking for waterfalls to go and have a jungle shower as we'd been camping up the road, zigged when i should have zagged and came across this.

couldnt find much history apart from the local rag circa feb 09 and little from historic england

historic england-
      HISTORY: 
      Tansley Wood Mill is a substantially complete example of a late C18, first generation water- powered textile factory, whose form is strongly influenced by, and is a near-contemporary of Sir Richard Arkwright's pioneering cotton spinning factory at nearby Cromford. The site retains clear evidence of phased development, and of the enhancement of its water power-producing capacity, 

https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1389284

local rag
      Plans to convert a former Tansley textile mill into flats and offices have been given the go-ahead.
      Council chiefs gave the green light to a major redevelopment of Tansley Wood Mills, in Lower Lumsdale, on Tuesday.
      The historic woodland building is to be restored and redeveloped after officers said the scheme would regenerate what was formerly an important employment site.
      Plans, submitted by applicant Paddock Motors, include converting the Grade II-listed mill into flats, turning the old forge building into a restaurant, four craft studios, office space and commercial units.
      Planning co-ordinator for the scheme, Bill Clay, said: "It is an exceptional attractive and special location in this historical wooded valley.
      "It is a wonderful environment to be working in, particually as we are local people. What we are doing is finding a new use for an important historical building and ensuring it has a future.
      "It is also a very important employment site, historically, and we want to take it into the future in terms of returning it to an employment site."
      District council planning officers said the site would benefit nature conservation, landscape restoration and secure the future of a listed building. A previous bid to develop the building was rejected by the Secretary of State in 2005, saying it could be detrimental to the character and appearance of the area.

Read more: http://www.matlockmercury.co.uk/news/local/tansley-mill-s-conversion-plan-is-approved-1-871469#ixzz4BCYQORUw

picturegraphs

IF anyone  knows what the flying fuck this is can you let me know

and lets not forget the real reason i was in thee valley

thanks for looking kids, happy explorin

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!