UrbexJoey

Road 66 - September 2015

I rather skip the Permission visits normally but this one i couldn't resist ;)

A yard full of American rusting beauties. When the owner of this place bought it they decided to leave the cars in the yard.

I'm not that good in outside shots but here is the result.

Pictures :

001 :

21635085801_df7e746d34_b.jpg

002 :

21003319814_cc8ee1fac7_b.jpg

003 :

21005002473_8ebe30cc54_b.jpg

004 :

21614718332_215e3f24e2_b.jpg

005 :

21626196035_63a5cdb270_b.jpg

006 :

21439195759_63f2fa7bcb_b.jpg

Ciaoo ;)

Edited by Perjury Saint
De-Tag...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By WildBoyz
      History

As far as history goes for this particular property, it is sparse as it is nothing more than a fairly modern residential building. One newspaper based in Barnsley reported that traffic came to a standstill as a result of a fire at the property on Rotherham Road. Two fire crews attended the scene and spent two-and-a-half hours extinguishing the blaze. A second source suggests that the fire was caused by a lit candle, and that a woman had a lucky escape. The woman concerned apparently suffered slight smoke inhalation but was otherwise in good health. The property itself is an average sized two-storey house. Its notable features include an indoor swimming pool and a spiral staircase. 

Our Version of Events

Of all the places we could end up in, we ended up in Barnsley. After looking at the town hall and wandering around the town and its meat and fish market for half an hour it didn’t take long to run out of things to do, so we decided we might as well look for an explore. However, the best thing we could find, unfortunately, was an old burnt down house. We tried a couple of other spots beforehand but didn’t have much luck overall. 

The house on Rotherham Road is exactly what you might expect for a residential explore – mostly empty and damp. As noted above, though, it does feature an indoor swimming pool where you can try your hand at floating across on doors someone has thrown in. Needless to say, we weren’t very successful but it was certainly worth a quick go. The second bit of the building that’s worth a look at is the spiral staircase in what we think was the former living room. This room was the most photogenic part of the explore so we spent most of our time in here. Going up the staircase turned out to be a complete waste of time because this is where the fire was. There is very little left of the roof and most of the floorboards look rather fucked. Compared to the mansions and castles of Belgium and France, then, this explore is a big disappointment, but it does kill fifteen minutes if you happen to be passing and fancy a swim. 

Explored with Ford Mayhem. 

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

• By silverainbow
      Crete Road Reservoir was Constructed in 1866, completed late July Its sole purpose was to supply water to the Silver Spring Soft Drinks Factory, Visited with Space Invader
      On with some pics

And now for a bit of self indulgednce

And one from "Up Top"

Also Visited The Hills pipeline tunnel whilst we were there, Some pics from this also

Space Invader kind of got featured in this one

Thanks for taking the time to check out my pics
    • By silverainbow
      Visited with Space Invader, Wevsky, Obscurity, Nelly and Skeleton Key I see that Nelly has already done a top report and pretty much covered the history but heres a little more;
      The history of the Connaught Tunnel dates back to 1878. It allowed the railway to be diverted under the Connaught Passage, a water link which connected the Victoria and Albert Docks, it is around 550 metres long and runs between Royal Victoria Dock and Royal Albert Dock close to London City Airport.
      On with my Pics

Great little explore, would recommend highly !

• By he who must rome
      well r lass was driving so off to dodge hill as she had not been inside before, after we headed for other quarrys on our big to do list and came across this real nice house.....shame it had suffered a fire, hope they got out alright !

hope you liked the tour next stop a steam crane !...
    • By Shadow
      Moley PM'd me asking for this to be posted privately, so here it is even if he can't see it