tumbles

County Asylums Returns..

After three years in the wilderness, County Asylums has returned with a fresh look and a lot, lot more info.

http://www.countyasylums.co.uk

We've revised the 'asylum list' and each and every one of the asylums listed has there own page with details, history and photos. We'll be adding more to the site as and when we can but if you think you have anything worth contributing then drop us an email - info@countyasylums.co.uk

It's well designed, navigates well and runs smoothly so well done to everyone involved. Hopefully it will carry on for years to come. :thumb

Hello mate, I've moved this to websites and links.

I've also had a good look through the website, must've taken you ages but it's really nicely done. Very informative, easily to navigate and well put together :thumb

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MrObvious
      its not all urbex but heres my page and site
      www.facebook.com/connorhicksphotography
      www.connorhicks.co.uk
      Instagram if anyone is on it - https://instagram.com/connor_hicks_93/

• By Conrad
      The history
      The Durham County Hospital was constructed in the middle of the 19th century and began operation as a voluntary hospital. The hospital saw growth in the 20th century due medical advances, the growth of the city and the construction of a nearby railway viaduct. In total 5 major phases of building works have seen new buildings been added to the hospital in the 20th century to keep pace with demand. The hospital closed in 2010 and several proposals to turn the hospital into housing seem dead in the water.
      The trespassing

I wasn't feeling optimistic about the odds of getting into this, after arriving in broad daylight and observing the hi-vis patrolling the perimeter. After a good deal of time ambling around the site and some luck I was in.

There isn't much left here, the appeal of the place is probably in the facade of the original stone building, all the external shots that I have were taken from the inside through the windows.

Pretty soon I came across indications of past explorers, which include but are not limited too,
      -Signage laid out in a photogenic way

-A tripod left in the middle of a corridor (broken?)

-Bloody hand prints that caused me to do a bit of a double take, red paint (I hope).

And the rest of the shots,

• By Msix
      Hello all
      Here is my new website (in english for you enjoyment):
      www.msixphotography.com
      And my new Facebook fan page:
      https://www.facebook.com/msixphoto

Come take a look and give us a like and share, thanks guys & gals.
      See ya
      Johann
    • By Perjury Saint

Day 2 of the 'Tour Di Bastardi' and after ramming some croissants, coffee and that pre packed dry bread/toast stuff down our necks, Darbians, Masa and myself kicked off proceedings with a MASSIVE want of mine...
      Cant think of any better way of spending a glorious Italian summers morning than wandering around a sprawling, dusty, rotten hospital site...
      Rather picture heavy but hey... I don't care!

As always, thankyou please for looking