Tinnitus Doll

Czech Republic Abandoned city of Milovice, Sep 2014.

Hi!

A year ago I was in Czech republic and visited Milovice. Why do we know this town? At first, here parts of popular films "Hostel" and "Eurotour" were shot. And at second, what's more important, Milovice was a place where Soviet military base was situated.

After the Second World War the place was used like a military tank base. They built a massive airport and accommodation for about 100,000 Soviet soldiers and their relatives. Soviet army was where till 1991. After 1996 the town is under reconstruction. But still... You can hear the echo of the war here.

When you enter it, it's impossible to mix up soviet style of military architecture.

0_111875_c997bdbe_XL.jpg

It's empty in here. The Czechs are trying to demolish the reminiscence of the base but it's too hard, they need enough money... and you know they need to destroy their history.

0_111878_995135fd_XL.jpg

We were here without a map and didn't find the base and airport itself. But in the city center we found remains of a military village where Russian officers lived.

0_11187a_517663d5_XL.jpg

Only in two steps from here there are mordern houses of Milovice. Sounds, laugh and life. And here is the abandoned hospital.

0_11187b_de0da66f_XL.jpg

0_111890_3b3c69aa_XL.jpg

0_111894_4ea9f8a5_XL.jpg

0_11187e_a5fd74d9_XL.jpg

0_111882_e541587a_XL.jpg

Here was a monument to Antonin Sohkor, the commander of tommy-gunners' company in the Second World War, the Hero of the Soviet Union. Now it's demolished and forgotten.

0_111885_4e056e_XL.jpg

0_111884_dff4b30a_XL.jpg

Here was the main square, you can still find hints at benches and street lamps.

0_111886_9b2c18c4_XL.jpg

0_111887_f94eb610_XL.jpg

0_111888_af753642_XL.jpg

Like a small Pripyat.

0_11188b_e1cc2cfc_XL.jpg

A gloomy ghost town full of history.

0_111899_f15f7f46_XL.jpg

0_11189b_69c17b44_XL.jpg

I must say it's the most atmospheric place I've ever been.

Very stripped, but still cool to see. thanks for posting. :-)

Another illustration of the phenomenal waste that conflict creates.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MattSights

A look around the abandoned Beijing film academy which includes a large amount of Terracotta Army soldiers, a castle and a large Shanghai style town movie set!

• By radkooo
      hallo, this video is about abandoned swimming pool in Slovakia. It is my first (but not last - soon there will be more) so I hope you like it.
      Thank you.

• By Doug
      This 1 minute clip was shot yesterday.
      Better with audio.

• By scrappy
      Visited this place about 2 years ago with Katia and James. The shop was left as it was when it closed over 50 years ago, full of old bottles with stuff still in them. Probably one of the best sites I've done over the years considering how much is in there. But recently a few cabinets have been taken which is a shame.  But thats why I cant share it, which also means I cant give out any history either.  Ill shut up now and let the photos do the talking.

More photos here https://www.flickr.com/photos/scrappynw/sets/72157680831523783/with/34395914850/

• By Mumi
      Hi everybody!
      This is a little adventure in a house full of old toys. 
      Hope you enjoy...

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!