nonsense_list

The Englishmen Manor (Portugal)

Cool video and welcome to the forum :thumb

Chuck a thread onto the new members section and tell us a bit about yourself. If you need any help with anything just shout :)

Thank you hamtagger :D

I'm trying to make portuguese people see that urbex is not equal to vandalism, but yes vandals do destroy things.

There's art and passion in what we do.

How do I put this thread in the new members section?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Serenity4
      HOOK END MANOR 

History: Hook End Manor was once owned by Pink Floyd's David Gilmour. The manor itself has a huge 25 acres of land alongside the recording studio. It was also previously owned by record producer Trevor Horn but was sold back in 2007. The last know proprietor was Mark White, however the manor has now fallen into disrepair! Complete with 11 bedrooms, countless bathrooms, games room and tennis court, in its day the manor would have been great!

The Explore: The explore itself went really well, after an hour or so drive finding our way down small country lanes we came across the manor. From an outside perspective there was no way of telling if the place was abandoned. Despite the manor being left empty the attached property is still in use. Not sure if this was still used as the recording studio or converted to offices but we avoided going into that area.
      The manor is a maze of rooms  and much of the original furnishings still remain untouched. We spent a good 2hrs wandering around uninterrupted! 

<PIC HEAVY>
      Anyway on with the photos........

Thanks for looking 

• By TrevBish.co.uk
      This was the first stop on our little euro trip! Not sure on the history of the place, but like many others around Europe its a beautiful house! Looking at other pictures online it looks a little stripped now.

Thank You! 
    • By Controlled Chaos
      One of the most iconic houses in the portuguese urbex panorama in one of my first explorations with my 60D.

• By Urban Diaries
      History:
      Doughty House is a large house on Richmond Hill in Surrey, England, built in the 18th century, with later additions. It has fine views down over the Thames, and both the house and gallery are Grade II listed buildings.

The house was named after Elizabeth Doughty, who lived there from about 1786, and built St Elizabeth of Portugal Church in The Vineyard, Richmond. It was the residence of the Cook baronets from when it was bought in 1849 by the first baronet until after World War II. A 125-foot-long-gallery (38 m) was added in 1885 for the very important family art collection. The house was damaged by bombing in the Second World War and the 4th baronet moved to Jersey with 30 paintings from the collection.

In 2012 the house was on the market with an asking price of £15,000,000.

Future:
      C18 house with C19 alterations made by the Cook family. Planning Permission and Listed Building Consent have been granted to retain the main property as a single dwelling and to convert the gallery to ancillary accommodation, along with re-instating Doughty Cottage as the link between the house and gallery.

The explore:
      So we spent basically all day in traffic jams to get there and back...
      The explore itself was surprisingly easy too; I must admit, that from what I have seen of it, I was expecting the place to be a little bigger than it was, but I guess thats the art of the wide angle lens!
      Anyway, great explore, would definitely revisit providing there are no traffic issues!

• By Controlled Chaos
      Another small countryside manor with some interesting details.

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!