Jump to content

Cornist hall north wales 2015

Recommended Posts

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Lenston
      Visited with The Kwan on a rainy Saturday, some lovely bits left in the area and we missed quite a bit so theres always an excuse for a return visit.
      Some History
      The name Ratgoed derives from “Yr Allt Goed”, which means the steep, wooded hillside. Ratgoed mine was also sometimes known as “Alltgoed”. The Ratgoed slate workings lie at the head of what was originally called Cwm Ceiswyr but became known as Cwm Ratgoed because of the quarry. It lies north of Aberllefenni and northwest of Corris in, what is now, the Dyfi Forest.
      The slate that was quarried at Ratgoed was the Narrow Vein. This runs from south of Tywyn, on the coast, to Dinas Mawddwy about 18 miles inland and follows the line of the Bala Fault. The Narrow Vein was worked along its length at places such as Bryneglwys near Abergynolwyn; Gaewern & Braich Goch at Corris, Foel Grochan at Aberllefenni and Minllyn at Dinas Mawddwy. The slate at Ratgoed dips at 70° to the southeast, the same as Foel Grochan.
      Ratgoed was a relatively small working, it was worked from around 1840 until its closure in 1946.

      Le Kwan










      Thanks for looking
    • By The Urban Collective
      Daresburyhall - Photographic report - Feb 2018
      Daresbury Hall is a former Georgian country house in the village of Daresbury, Cheshire, England.
      It was built in 1759 for George Heron. the hall descended in the Heron family until 1850, when it became the property of Samuel Beckett Chadwick. By 1892 it had been acquired by Sir Gilbert Greenall, later Baron Daresbury.

      During the Second World War, it was used as a military hospital and also by a charity, now known as Scope. It became semi-derelict after being bought by a millionaire who died before restoration could take place.
      In April 2015, a huge cannabis farm containing six hundred plants with an estimated street value of 750.000 was discovered at the estate.

      In 2016 there were plans to partly demolish and convert the house but in June of that year
      the empty building was badly damaged by fire.

      Unfortunately, during our visit, we were asked to leave the sight by security via a speaker system on the estate. We did, however, stick around for 20 mins until it went off again, to be honest,
      I'm not sure whether the system is automated and linked to motion sensors.
      There is a lot of cameras on the sight too as shown the last pic.
      Any way we couldn't enter the property as it is completely sealed now with boards on all windows and doors etc except for a stable and a few dilapidated sheds.
      We did the best we could in the situation we had.
      Thanks for any feedback.
















    • By SILVERSKULL2004
      This was a fairly easy explore as these buildings are not as protected as the main college and the park relies on tourists to inform security about any vandals.
      The gymnasium was the hardest to get into as we had to avoid getting seen by any onlookers. So going at a later time of day would be advised.
      You should be cautious if you get further into the student centre as some of the doors looked to be alarmed.
      The classrooms are in the open and not surrounded by anything so you are likely to be spotted by security or tourists.
      We had a run in with security who were quite well mannered and laid back. All they said was that we were not to go near the building as it is a demolition site. 
      Explored with @little_boy_explores
      Student Centre


      I can't believe they left this in the open











      We didn't need to this door
















    • By Britain's Decays
      A bit of a pain in the back side to get in this one, they have really made an effort with those fences! There was no security though, once you find a way past the doubled up security fences it's smooth sailing. We did find one particular part of this place rather creepy, there is a rotten bed in a dark basement that was quite eerie and had a different feel than the rest of the decaying building. More information will follow on our website in a day or so.
    • By Lavino
      Grand casino history
      Located in the Sefton district of Southport at the corner of Lord Street and Court Street. Originally built in 1923 as a garage and car showroom, it was converted into a luxury cinema in 1938 by architect George E. Tonge. The Grand Cinema opened on 14th November 1938 with Arthur Tracy in "Follow Your Star". The cinema was designed for and operated by an independent operator throughout its cinematic life.
      Seating was provided in a stadium plan with a sloping floor at the front (known as the Pit stalls and stepped floor at the rear which was known as the Royal stalls and Grand stalls. An unusual feature was the provision of a balconette which was attached to each sidewall. Seating was provised in pairs all along towards the proscenium. There were decorative grilles each side of the proscenium opening which contained the organ pipes of the Compton 3Manual organ which had an illuminated console on a lift, in the centre of the orchestra pit. The organ was opened by Herbert A. Dowson. In the ceiling was a large shallow dowm which had a central Art Deco style light fixture. There was a cafe provided for patrons.
      In 1963 the Compton organ was removed to Cheetham Hill Methodist Church in Manchester, which in later years was moved to Chorley Town Hall. In 1966 another Compton organ was installed at the Grand Cinema which had previously been housed in the Regal Cinema, Douglas, Isle of Man and this was opened by Charles Smart.
      The Grand Cinema closed on 2nd July 1966 with Sean Connery in "Thunderball" and Peter Cushing in "Hound of the Baskervilles". It was converted into an independent bingo club, and the Compton organ was played to bingo players at the interval during the first few years.
      The Grand Cinema last operated as the Stanley Grand Casino, and from 2007 became the Mint Casino, but this was closed by May 2016 and the building is boarded up in early-2017. It is a Grade II listed building.
      Visited with @albinojay and @GK_WAX a nice easy no bother place this one to trouble or drama. With nice easy local parking. The place is a bit of a death trap with soggy weetabix floors. But enjoyed it was met there by another couple lads @cloth head @scrappy and another lad who's name I didn't get.nice to meet you all. This has been around a while but hasn't had much foot traffic previous post have been in non public so I'll post here. Move if appropriate thanks.
      AE3A3F7D-13D6-46A2-BBAC-531556536576 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      677196FF-ED07-414A-9EB3-16F7F1686508 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      A4BEE354-17D4-43C3-B29B-E949AD22EA21 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      521170FE-A826-4E2B-AE07-F90EB2A17446 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      41F04130-2574-41F5-BAD8-C6637C8C1DBA by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      C5221223-E490-4DDB-9B64-EB5D1A80F0A0 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      A24A62DC-B8F2-4029-A979-D553F1A5F329 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      97FA0434-1D1C-44A2-96E0-89E2C6D61EC6 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      352BF5D7-B9D9-4E71-861F-CA6B8AADC650 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      95CC590A-7E8B-4876-A259-F6DCD85E1E93 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      5857917C-0368-421B-AF97-4E56B351376E by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      F8D01375-12B7-4DD2-AF23-E36E812755EA by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      CD2C385D-4775-4085-BCAC-E9347EE31B4E by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      97ABFA19-6F4F-488A-9F00-9636FFF07634 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      url=https://flic.kr/p/GcMZPQ][/url]ADBDC4A5-0609-4DF9-9D88-135775D61C59 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      B34CB251-D300-48EA-B24C-14806915C219 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      78899088-C91D-41E8-ADBE-8B4D02F6E0E6 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      url=https://flic.kr/p/23fMZKj][/url]7C7E01B6-72B6-4394-A664-A2188F5B5DBB by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      48BCACC7-F497-4402-911D-BC6A68F8C329 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      10E00DAC-5129-442C-A055-D8E8E6A46B37 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      A57EDCE2-17AF-4066-AEBF-742B3DFB10C6 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      9419402C-5E4F-45DA-BF5D-5706D72749B3 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      6ACB5984-5895-43ED-82E3-132DE586AC2F by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      324F8383-0F17-4D00-AB82-60CE78F340C2 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      FF2CBFFB-2962-498A-BEE4-2DE4AB3EB6D8 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr
      0FF552D4-1564-48DE-8E48-EFA706588646 by Lavino lavino, on Flickr