Dubbed Navigator

Tabor house, braintree

Hi all.

I drove past this large manor house this evening, was pretty boarded up but quite old and I imagine it's got some gems inside. Currently looking at redevelopment.

On phone at the moment so can't post a Google map image, will do tomorrow.

Hi all.

I drove past this large manor house this evening, was pretty boarded up but quite old and I imagine it's got some gems inside. Currently looking at redevelopment.

On phone at the moment so can't post a Google map image, will do tomorrow.

Looks pretty cool actually mate

http://www.daparchitecture.co.uk/portfolio-view/tabor-house/

Thanks @mookster & @hamtagger. Dubbed Navigator, this used to be County High School, once part of the still existing Tabor School in Braintree. It has been used as a few things over the years, Social Services had it at one point but now being redeveloped in to apartments I believe. Good news really as it is such a lovely building and would be a terrible waste. This building really does have a lot of history in the town.

I'm not sure how far the development stage is, but might still be worth checking out.

Here is the link to my thread : http://www.oblivionstate.com/forum/showthread.php/8393-County-High-Essex?highlight=county

and here are a few pictures from inside, possibly one of the nicest halls I have seen. Aside from that, there is not much else i there worth seeing, a strange looking corridor and the bell tower but the exterior of the building is pretty impressive in itself.

16318957707_fcf24fee6d_c.jpg

16504897035_9b21a3b956_c.jpg

They don't operate CCTV here, they have squirrel watch :D15882321304_966f8a5402_c.jpg

Might not have been a bad thing that you kept driving, Braintree is a shithole haha! I have recently moved from there up to Lincs. Glad I got this one done though :thumb

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By WildBoyz
      History

As far as history goes for this particular property, it is sparse as it is nothing more than a fairly modern residential building. One newspaper based in Barnsley reported that traffic came to a standstill as a result of a fire at the property on Rotherham Road. Two fire crews attended the scene and spent two-and-a-half hours extinguishing the blaze. A second source suggests that the fire was caused by a lit candle, and that a woman had a lucky escape. The woman concerned apparently suffered slight smoke inhalation but was otherwise in good health. The property itself is an average sized two-storey house. Its notable features include an indoor swimming pool and a spiral staircase. 

Our Version of Events

Of all the places we could end up in, we ended up in Barnsley. After looking at the town hall and wandering around the town and its meat and fish market for half an hour it didn’t take long to run out of things to do, so we decided we might as well look for an explore. However, the best thing we could find, unfortunately, was an old burnt down house. We tried a couple of other spots beforehand but didn’t have much luck overall. 

The house on Rotherham Road is exactly what you might expect for a residential explore – mostly empty and damp. As noted above, though, it does feature an indoor swimming pool where you can try your hand at floating across on doors someone has thrown in. Needless to say, we weren’t very successful but it was certainly worth a quick go. The second bit of the building that’s worth a look at is the spiral staircase in what we think was the former living room. This room was the most photogenic part of the explore so we spent most of our time in here. Going up the staircase turned out to be a complete waste of time because this is where the fire was. There is very little left of the roof and most of the floorboards look rather fucked. Compared to the mansions and castles of Belgium and France, then, this explore is a big disappointment, but it does kill fifteen minutes if you happen to be passing and fancy a swim. 

Explored with Ford Mayhem. 

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

• By skankypants
      My first post on here,so hope i dont mess it up,,,here are a couple of pics of a place i found yesturday in Shropshire....fully boarded from the inside,so no shots of internals unfortunatly...think it would be a belter though...

Hope this works......
    • By Ninja Kitten
      The House Of Tears...this place has been a labour of love and hate on occasions...Those who recognise her will know the history and the tragedy that runs throughout her walls..she is simply stunning to walk around in knowing that some of our legends of music have stayed there also made it even more of a truley amazing place to be...after seeing a post on her a couple of years ago and her getting battoned down faster than lightening i decided to hunt her down and give her a whirl back in september..lady luck shone that day and we got the whole afternoon to wander about her..i know the tourist trail hit her very quickly and no doubt youve seen her already, but heres my take on a magnificant building slowly being preserved..
      splored with Perjury Saint
      i hope you enjoy her as we did...

• By Perjury Saint
      THE ACID HOUSE...
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      This was last stop on a southern road trip which saw myself, my partner in crime NK and non members Alt day out and Sshhh! playing at pirates, would be brain surgeons and finally donning our lab coats to have a good mooch round this bizarre place...
      Grand, crumbling mansion from the outside, weird chemical store inside??
      Highlight of the trip as far as I'm concerned!! I love places like this, full of gubbins that you can have a good root through
      Hope you like the pix...
      ACCCIIIEEEED!!!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THANKS FOR LOOKIN ACID 'EADS!!
    • By Ninja Kitten
      nice little wander with plenty to see..explored the end of 2012..after a great day with some brilliant locations this was a bit of a wild card ide sat on for about a year so thought we better check her out and im glad we did...The building is tucked away in woodland and full of plenty of surprises hope you enjoy the pics....