• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By thecrazyfool
      I visited this place twice in 2012. The first time was in the summer and the second in the winter. Like Non Plus Ultra (NPU) which I reported on, this is another abandoned castle. Although not as big as NPU, it still has an air of grandeur about it, especially the big, red room!
      I took loads of pictures here, and I don't think I've fully done the place justice. I tried to keep the numbers of pictures to a limited number but I wanted to capture the feeling of this wonderful place - so sorry in advance if there is an overload in pictures!
      History of the castle is a bit sketchy but as far as I can research it had it’s foundations built in the 1170, being mainly used for military functions and then became a noble house when it was then abandoned.

Pictures:

• By thecrazyfool
      I visited this place three times in 2012, twice in the summer and once in the winter. All I can say that no one picture can really do justice to the place. Just being there is a jaw-dropping experience.
      It is definitely one of the top explores I have done so far.
      Researching the place, I found that building started in the 17th century. I’ve read that a major hotel chain are going to turn it into a luxury resort starting in 2011, but there were no sign there when I visited. My guess is the recession in Italy and the Euro crisis is impacting development. A part of me is glad as I got to see parts of it but also if it’s a hotel they’ll preserve this beauty.
      Here are the pictures and sorry for the overload of them!
      Pictures: