• Similar Content

• By thecrazyfool
      I visited this place twice in 2012. The first time was in the summer and the second in the winter. Like Non Plus Ultra (NPU) which I reported on, this is another abandoned castle. Although not as big as NPU, it still has an air of grandeur about it, especially the big, red room!
      I took loads of pictures here, and I don't think I've fully done the place justice. I tried to keep the numbers of pictures to a limited number but I wanted to capture the feeling of this wonderful place - so sorry in advance if there is an overload in pictures!
      History of the castle is a bit sketchy but as far as I can research it had it’s foundations built in the 1170, being mainly used for military functions and then became a noble house when it was then abandoned.

Pictures:

• By thecrazyfool
      I visited this place three times in 2012, twice in the summer and once in the winter. All I can say that no one picture can really do justice to the place. Just being there is a jaw-dropping experience.
      It is definitely one of the top explores I have done so far.
      Researching the place, I found that building started in the 17th century. I’ve read that a major hotel chain are going to turn it into a luxury resort starting in 2011, but there were no sign there when I visited. My guess is the recession in Italy and the Euro crisis is impacting development. A part of me is glad as I got to see parts of it but also if it’s a hotel they’ll preserve this beauty.
      Here are the pictures and sorry for the overload of them!
      Pictures:

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!