Dubbed Navigator

You've been framed (dangling off a water tower)

So no doubt you have all heard about a certain someone giving the fail a new snippet of himself being a "daredevil " - this time hanging off severalls  water tower.

There are several reasons why I think this blokes a knob;

- he clings onto the whole "urban Explorer" badge. Whether or not you like or agree with the name for our hobby, what he's doing here isn't that, it's a terrible representation for how public it is.

-he rubs anyone's face in it who came to his aid when he stacked it last time. "I just couldn't help myself" is just another word for "I'm a fame hungry twat"

- he labels it being a daredevil. I'd give him something for climbing to the chimney like that,  but dangling off someone else's arm? Well. That's just stupid.

What are your guys opinions? 

Its pretty well documented that the exploring 'community', if such a thing exists, rallied round magnificently and raised a lot of money following the fall. This was an uplifting feeling to be a part of, but later turned out that all that goodwill had been treated with contempt. That has naturally caused a lot of resentment.

As long as the Mail (and maybe others) feed his ego and line his pockets he will continue to push his luck ever more, fuelled by the belief that he's invincible. So this sorry tale will carry on for a good while yet.  

Well, lets be honest, what did people expect him to do with the money that was raised for him, I mean really, honestly? Once you've raised money for someone like that, it's entirely up to them what they do with it, so I can't be angry at him for that. 

However, I actually feel quite sorry for him really,  no really I do. I think he was quoted as saying "I want to make something out of myself" but what he has failed to realise is that by shunning most of his peers in the community and pushing himself to the media at every opportunity, that is exactly the WRONG way to do that. Sure you might get your 5 minutes of fame and 30,000 followers in a Facebook group, but does that really mean anything? He is very naive about the way the media works, and is effectively being exploited by them. There's only so many times the tabloids will suck it up however and eventually they'll get bored and the next thing will come along.

What will happen eventually is he'll either have another nasty accident (which I hope he doesn't really, as I can't wish that on anyone) and be more seriously hurt than last time, except this time he won't get the sympathy and it might just make him realise how silly he's being. Or the other possibility is over time he'll lose his 'supporters' because actually in reality what he's actually doing isn't that magnificent, it's the fact he gets the media attention which draws people in, but that will eventually dry up and with is goes the popularity that goes with that. I'll give him another year maximum at managing to sell his stories to the press and it will die a natural death. It's at that moment he'll either move on from "exploring" or try and worm his way back into the community because he'll suddenly realise he's alienated a lot of people when the fame dries up, but the damage has already been done.

In terms of how I feel about his stories in the press, there's bugger all I can do about them, he will carry on regardless, there's no point getting annoyed at them. I'm just disappointed really that he can't see the long term consequences of the path he is going down. I also think the guy who's holding him from above deserves a lot more credit that Mr Adams himself, because that guy is the real hero of the stories for managing to hold onto him. Imagine if he fell, there's a manslaughter charge waiting there - he should think about that. 

Anyway, that's my 2p. 

If I was faced with the real threat of being in a wheelchair, but was lucky enough to recover to full fitness to be able to travel all over the place and dangle from Sevs water tower, I would possibly think about getting a job and giving some tax money back to the NHS. Just saying.......   

@Maniac is bang on with it all dying a natural death for him and the media. Unless he varies what he does a bit. 

Tbh with the whole fundraising thing, I'd never heard of him prior to that, and a lot of others hadn't either and still contributed to his "package" - that shows the generosity of the community and is a big contributor to why he's shown so much hatred. You don't get to shove that much support down the drain an get away with it.

On Anglia news this evening so he was.  Had a shot of him on his Apple laptop, made me chuckle.  Seriously hope he dont come to harm again, but it's like driving pissed, reduces the chances considerably of making your pension.  No way could his mate hold me - bit like the pilsbury dough man ( for older viewers ).     Stay safe out there!