free hit counter
Serbia - Manor house from 1859, SRB (visited 08/2019) | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Serbia Manor house from 1859, SRB (visited 08/2019)

Andy

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Ruinenland.de

HISTORY
The castle in present-day Serbia was built in 1859 by Giorgio Foeni Moconji, a member of a noble family of Romanian descent. Successor was his daughter Georgina, later wife of Rudolf Bisingen-Nippenburg, Count of a Württemberg noble family from Germany.
The niches on the side (now unfortunately empty) were once decorated with sculptures.
In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, the castle housed a library of several thousand volumes, an interesting collection of old furniture and china, and a collection of rare filigree items. Rudolf Bisingen commissioned the furniture factory "Ländel Lerinc" in Szeged and Arad with the decoration of the castle. The building was once surrounded by a lush garden with a pond, a well, a creek and bridges, as well as rare and exotic plant species.

After the dawn of a new era in the 1930s, the estate was in a difficult situation. Family members lived in the castle until the end of the Second World War until it finally became a state property through expropriation. Subsequently, amongst other things, the property was used as an orphanage and as office of an agricultural cooperative, until it has been abandoned due to lack of care and looting.

bild24.jpg

MY VISIT
I started outdoor shooting, with two girls watching me curiously, before I went inside. My friend first took pictures on the ground floor, so I went upstairs. Several areas inside were already collapsed and no longer accessible. Towards the end of my exploration, I came across a room on the ground floor, the door of which could not be opened. On the other side of the room was another door, blocked by a large wooden board. Curious I moved it, opened the door and looked startled at yellowish dirty feet. For a moment, I actually thought it was a corpse. Fortunately, that was not the case, but it was a homeless man who had not made himself noticeable until he suddenly let out a loud scream. I was scared, so I left the castle, without the man following me.

bild01.jpg

bild02.jpg

bild03.jpg

bild04.jpg

bild05.jpg

bild06.jpg

bild07.jpg

bild08.jpg

bild09.jpg

bild10.jpg

bild11.jpg

bild12.jpg