Contact the team

Luxembourg Powerplant X (05/2021)

Urban Relics

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.urbanrelics.be
It's been a while since my last post to this forum. I hope you are all doing well and that the covid madness didn't cause you any permanent damage...

I wanted to share with you these photos of a beautiful abandoned power plant. we managed to squeeze in this visit a little over a year ago between two lockdowns.

There are these huge industrial sites you couldn’t possibly ‘deal’ with in one visit. This is one of those sites. This power plant, which is located on a still active steel plant, was built in the 1940s. At that time there was already a gas plant on the site, but it could no longer generate enough energy for the increasing production. Therefore, this coal-fired power station was built to support the gas-fired power station. The turbine hall has since been emptied, but in the boiler room with the impressive Stein & Roubaix boilers and their control cabins are still present and the entire installation - although very dilapidated - still appears to be intact.

During this first visit to this location we were able to visit this power station and the pump house of the adjacent gas station. On a next visit we hope to be able to visit the gas plant itself. In the meantime, enjoy this beautiful boiler room.
PowerplantX01.jpg

PowerplantX03.jpg

PowerplantX05.jpg

PowerplantX06.jpg

PowerplantX07.jpg

PowerplantX09.jpg

PowerplantX11.jpg

PowerplantX13.jpg

PowerplantX17.jpg

PowerplantX18.jpg

PowerplantX20.jpg

Thank you for watching.​

ASOM

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Not usually too into "industry" but love it when its old, grand, and colourful like this!

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Loving these shots! You've captured it perfectly