Post a thread

Post a report or anything else to the forums

See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

kool

  1. little_boy_explores

    Great Britain Woolley Hall, Wakefield - February 2018

    Woolley Hall The history Woolley Hall is a landscape park largely unchanged since 1800. The park is associated with a Jacobean Hall (dated to around 1635 with later alterations). Features include wooded pleasure grounds, a ha-ha, kitchen garden and ponds. The main house is Grade II listed...
  2. little_boy_explores

    Great Britain Dobroyd mill, Huddersfield - February 2018

    Dobroyd mill     The history   Dobroyd Mills was built in 1829. A fine cloth manufacturer Dobroyd Ltd was founded at the mill in 1919. The mill closed in 1974, but was re-opened in 1976 under John Woodhead Ltd spinners. It currently houses several businesses including a classic car...
  3. little_boy_explores

    Kastix Imports Ltd, Huddersfield - February 2018

    Kastix Ltd     History   Built in 1947 as the new drill hall for the 2nd Volunteer Battalion West Riding Regiment. Later used as the offices for Kastix, a textile company producing womenswear and children's clothing, which went in to receivership in 2001 with the loss of more than 50...
  4. little_boy_explores

    Bradfield Water Treatment Works, Sheffield - September 2017

    History The works was built in 1913 and extended in 1954, to purify water from the Strines, Dale Dike and Agden reservoirs. In 1930 it had the first telephone installed in Bradfield and served well with the Yorkshire Water Authority taking over in in 1974. The UK’s water industry became...
  5. little_boy_explores

    George hotel, Huddersfield - January 2018

    The George Hotel as stood empty for just a little over 5 years... considering this it's not half bad inside, stairways are still intact, few if any holes through to other floors, little decay in the form of mold or interior fatigue and there's still gas in the pumps in the bar area. It's a fair...
  6. little_boy_explores

    Doors and Doorways

      Please share your own doors in the comments                         :91_thumbsup:
  7. little_boy_explores

    Cellars clough mill, Huddersfield - September 2017

    History  The woollen mill was owned by Samuel Firth of Gatehead in Marsden, and opened in 1888. He also owned Holme Mill. By the 1960s, it was owned and run by Fisher, Firth & Co. which became Cellars Clough Woollen Mills Ltd, managed by another Firth son, in 1981. The company has now been...
  8. little_boy_explores

    Canon brewery, Sheffield - Sep 2017

    In 1847, Joseph Watts of Dewsbury and William Stones (1827 -1894) of Sheffield began brewing together at the Cannon Brewery in Sheffield's Shalesmoor district near Kelham Island. ... He renamed it the Cannon Brewery after his original premises. Stones soon became one of the richest men in...
  9. little_boy_explores

    Adel children's hospital, Leeds - September 2017

    "Wallpaper paper peeling heaven"   History   Eastmoor Secure Unit for Children, located near the small village of Adel in Leeds West Yorkshire opened in 1857 as the Leeds Reformatory for Boys by the Leeds Society for the Reformation of Juvenile Offenders, on a site deliberately chosen to be...
  10. little_boy_explores

    Brotherton house, Leeds - Jan 18

    History Officially opened by the Earl of Scarborough in 1957, it was built the year before for £350,000 as headquarters for Leeds chemicals and dyestuffs firm Brotherton and Co and was at the heart of a new business area at the Westgate end of The Headrow. It was named in recognition of the...
  11. little_boy_explores

    Report - Bishopgarth police training centre, Wakefield - Dec 31st

    History Bishopgarth was first built in 1891 for the Bishop to live in. In 1946 the site became the West Yorkshire Metropolitan Police Training School. The classrooms were built in 1952 and the new block added in 1969 (the accommodation). There were 14 course's for training police men/women...
Top