free hit counter
USA - 1793 Abandoned Iron Furnace and Iron Works location... as well as their Children's Cemetery | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

USA 1793 Abandoned Iron Furnace and Iron Works location... as well as their Children's Cemetery

ODDySEEy

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This site is Mount Etna Furnace in Central Pennsylvania. Really old and still lots of remains (foundations, buildings, etc.).

Out of respect, I did NOT enter the buildings because they 1. are abandoned, but 2 are owned by someone who lives in the area.

Mt. Etna and Lost Children Cemetery

1570560704747.png
1570560728160.png

1570560672592.png
Mt. Etna Furnace Photos

Dubbed Navigator

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Hi @ODDySEEy

Thanks for taking the time to post, however the principle of not entering a building because its abandoned is quite the opposite of the idea of urban exploration ;)

Understand if the owner is known and in the area, maybe gain permission to enter?

WesternKentuckyUrbex

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi @ODDySEEy

Thanks for taking the time to post, however the principle of not entering a building because its abandoned is quite the opposite of the idea of urban exploration ;)

Understand if the owner is known and in the area, maybe gain permission to enter?
Yeah owners might give some bad looks, but if you explain you just want to document and have proof of not damaging properties, they usually okay. Liability forms are always good to have on hand.

ODDySEEy

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah owners might give some bad looks, but if you explain you just want to document and have proof of not damaging properties, they usually okay. Liability forms are always good to have on hand.
Well that was my point. Abandoned usually means "Not Owned Privately", right? So when someone owns something privately and let it fall into deleterious conditions and if you feel you can just walk into it... bad looks is not what you get in PA... more like an arse full of shotgun pellets.

And I cannot concur more about the Liability forms. I have a couple of those that include Full Release, Arms Reach Agreement, Non Disclosure of ME unless lawfully required, and a No Right to anything I make out of my trip to their location. I leave the "shout out" and "location" as an open variable that they can request to have added in... who knows, maybe they want to make some money on the side by providing tours.

WesternKentuckyUrbex

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well that was my point. Abandoned usually means "Not Owned Privately", right? So when someone owns something privately and let it fall into deleterious conditions and if you feel you can just walk into it... bad looks is not what you get in PA... more like an arse full of shotgun pellets.

And I cannot concur more about the Liability forms. I have a couple of those that include Full Release, Arms Reach Agreement, Non Disclosure of ME unless lawfully required, and a No Right to anything I make out of my trip to their location. I leave the "shout out" and "location" as an open variable that they can request to have added in... who knows, maybe they want to make some money on the side by providing tours.
Abandoned just means not used anymore, we are not talking the legal definition of abandoned, someone most likely owns that property and just does literally nothing with it or is taking a long time to rehabilitate it.

And yeah, its always wise to know the situation. I have no personally experienced it but a friend has where he almost got shot on someone's property.