Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

8 degrees of Insanity

peanutbutter_crackers

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
This would be my 2nd fav kirkbride of those that I've seen so far and I was obsessed with seeing it. My first visit however was not the best as it was 8­F when I first got in and maybe warmed up to 19 outside but felt much colder inside. It was too cold really to focus on taking photos, too cold to really take my hands out of my gloves but necessary. I dropped my 24-70 lens on the floor fumbling around with big ass gloves on trying to switch lenses, when I got home in the wee hours of the morning the next day  I was just carrying my camera (why it wasn't in the bag I don't know) and I dropped it in the driveway...with the same lens attached :(. I also lost 75 photos or so from that trip and found out later it was due to a faulty card reader when I was transferring them. So with all that I had to go back again and reshoot and one photo in particular I wanted to capture again was the sun streaming through the decorative risers on the stairway and onto the wall. Well neither of the times I went back was the sun out so I never was able to get that photo again. Last visit at least I had the newer camera as I sold the 7D a month prior AND it wasn't so freakn cold. 

bsh1.jpg

bsh8.jpg

bsh15.jpg

bsh19.jpg

bsh20.jpg

desks.jpg

newbed.jpg

pigeons.jpg

attic.jpg

br26.jpg

br27.jpg

br32.jpg

desk1.jpg

greenstairs.jpg

pink.jpg

blue.jpg

centerfinal.jpg

fr2.jpg

fr4.jpg

skinny.jpg

fence.jpg

fr10.jpg

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
Not one to fail to impress my dear :)  This is awesome! Some real cracking pics there and I love that shot with the bed and the walls look like they are bleeding. 

Really nice! 

peanutbutter_crackers

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Not one to fail to impress my dear :)  This is awesome! Some real cracking pics there and I love that shot with the bed and the walls look like they are bleeding. 

Really nice! 

Thanks very much for the compliments! :)  The bed shot was one of my faves as well. However it took 3 trips to get a decent photo :p. First time the pics that were lost started a couple shots after I took of that bed, Another time some were blurry due to a crappy tripod. It was pretty dark in that room so I always needed a tripod. Handheld and bumping up the ISO didn't fare too well.

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
That’s an absolute beauty of a place, and you’ve shot it to the usual high standard. Enjoyed reading through too :)  

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
You never fail to impress! Another absolute stunner! What lens did you take no.6 with?? The desk shot...

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the compliments! :)  The bed shot was one of my faves as well. However it took 3 trips to get a decent photo :p. First time the pics that were lost started a couple shots after I took of that bed, Another time some were blurry due to a crappy tripod. It was pretty dark in that room so I always needed a tripod. Handheld and bumping up the ISO didn't fare too well.

Well, if at first you dont succeed, try and try again :)