free hit counter
Great Britain - Abandoned Houses - Northallerton - Jan 20 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Abandoned Houses - Northallerton - Jan 20

jtza

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
I was unsure about posting this due to the lack of history on this place. However, I felt it would be nice to share the photos I got during my visit to these two abandoned homes.

The explore was quite shocking, finding such an array of items left to decay. Despite that it made it even more interesting and a good chance to test the new lens.

More importantly, if anyone has information on the name of the place or history please let me know I would appreciate it!

The first out of the two semi-detached homes:

DSC-0321.jpg

DSC-0251.jpg

DSC-0301.jpg

DSC-0303.jpg

DSC-0275.jpg

DSC-0311.jpg

We then moved over to the other joint property:

I've heard of this being referenced to as helmet house because of the helmets left here on the kitchen table?

DSC-0239.jpg

DSC-0235.jpg

DSC-0241.jpg

DSC-0245.jpg

DSC-0246.jpg

DSC-0210.jpg

DSC-0212.jpg

DSC-0218.jpg

DSC-0225.jpg

I apologise if this was a bit of a bland read, but I hope you enjoyed looking through none the less.

As always feel free to check out our video exploration below. It provides a better walk through of the details of these spots :)

Thanks for looking!

Decayhunter

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Brilliant finds mate, but what the hell is that in the jar on picture 6, on the shelf near the lamp

BikinGlynn

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that, Nicely done

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Jeez there's a lot of stuff in there

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a strange one this, I was led to believe the first one here was called helmet house and for some reason the helmets got moved next door and the other one didn't have a name as such. The neighbours are known to keep a keen eye on it (whether they belong to the family that owned it I'm not sure). Info is sketchy, must have originally been 2 separate homes as there's no internal access between them but pretty sure it was finally the same owners. The best guess (and that's all it is) as to why its so long abandoned is issues with wills/inheritance.

jtza

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
It's a strange one this, I was led to believe the first one here was called helmet house and for some reason the helmets got moved next door and the other one didn't have a name as such. The neighbours are known to keep a keen eye on it (whether they belong to the family that owned it I'm not sure). Info is sketchy, must have originally been 2 separate homes as there's no internal access between them but pretty sure it was finally the same owners. The best guess (and that's all it is) as to why its so long abandoned is issues with wills/inheritance.
Thanks for that. Not a lot really going about but least there is something to be said for the places/place? The internal door in the first house on my photos is now locked so just those two rooms left to see. Was a little risky heading into the house with the dresses above the bed as we knew about neighbours keeping a look out.