free hit counter
USA - Abandoned Vulcan Material Quarry - July 2020 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

USA Abandoned Vulcan Material Quarry - July 2020

WesternKentuckyUrbex

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This abandoned quarry located near Louisville is one of my favorite locations to explore even though it has proven to be one of the most annoying places to explore due to Kentucky weather being so hot even in the spring.

This location has nearly caused me to have a heat stroke twice and is the only location I have consistently met people at. Took my family to the location to go swim and they really enjoyed the place.

This location is not a very large quarry but it is very photogenic at the very least. Place closed sometime around 2008, possibly in 2010. The current owner seems to use the place as a storage unit for his boats, but he also might grab the gravel just laying around. For a place very traffic, it has very little graffiti or vandalism. Most people just come in to go swim and nothing else.

I did have a video of this place, which included a really tall hopper that is now gone, but I failed to because of me wanting to clear my phone without actually moving the video to my phone..

buried_truckbed_exterior.png

hopper_iron_rusty_exterior.png

light_pole_braced_exterior.png

mobile_home_extetrior.png

old_processing_plant_exterior.png

shed_weighstation_shed_exterior.png

sign_shed_exterior.png

water_shovel_exterior.png

jtza

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
I see why people swim, the water looks very inviting. Nice little explore ! :)