free hit counter
USA - An abandoned Huddle House and Back Yard Burger in Murray, Kentucky - Aug. 2020 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

USA An abandoned Huddle House and Back Yard Burger in Murray, Kentucky - Aug. 2020

WesternKentuckyUrbex

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Huddle House is a franchise diner that is very similar to Waffle House. Back Yard Burger is a small chain of burger places that are mostly in the midwest and south. The Huddle House went out of business in 2018 after the owner gave up on it, and the Back Yard Burger closed in either 2017 or 2018 (couldn't find hard dates) during a hard financial time for the business.

Both locations are pretty pristine and are for sale. The Huddle House still has all its pots and pans and machinery, while the Back Yard Burger still is set up like its ready to eat at.

I couldn't get into either so I took pictures through the windows.

Backyardburger_exterior_backside.png
Backyardburger_exterior_frontside.png

The outside of the Back Yard burger is quite bare, there isn't much to give off what this place is and the tint really keeps you from seeing what is inside until you get up real close.

Backyardburger_interior_booths_full.png
Backyardburger_interior_tothecounter_table.png

Looking inside you can see the place looks really untouched. The place looks ready to open in a few days.

Backyardburger_interior_frontside_counter.png
Backyardburger_interior_frontside_mop.png

They even left a tv and this broom looks like the guy who cleaned the place left it for a smoke break and never came back to finish the job.

The Huddle House is smaller and is built between this place and a carwash.

huddlehouse_exterior_sideview.png

The Huddle House is also pretty pristine with most of its booths and chairs intact except at the bar.

huddlehouse_interior_bar_missing_seats.png
huddlehouse_interior_boofs_part_of_kitchen.png
huddlehouse_interior_longview_booths.png

huddlehouse_interior_more_booths_carwash.png

Its not as ready to eat at as the Back Yard Burger but it also looks like it just closed yesterday (not 2 years ago).

huddlehouse_interior_football_helment_closeup.png

Because the town is a sporty town, both locations had football memorabilia just sitting around.

huddlehouse_exterior_dinosuar_chair.png

On the backside of the place, I found a dino on top of some paper towels, chilling on a beat-up chair. Not what I expected to find when I went back here.

Backyardburger_exterior_sideview.png

Backyardburger_interior_table_ketchup.png

huddlehouse_exterior_torn_sign.png

jtza

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Something completely different to the U.K. stuff. Love how untouched it is. Smashed it :)

Albie

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I miss this place. The huddle house. It was a one of a kind. We were all family like friends here from staff to customers. From the day I moved here to the day I left. It was like home away from home. I wish it would open back up. They re-opened the one in Mayfield. They used to be sister store's. So maybe they will eventually open.