free hit counter
Great Britain - An Adventure To The End Of Hangingshaw Lead Mine | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain An Adventure To The End Of Hangingshaw Lead Mine

UK Abandoned Mine Explores

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
In this one, we travel down the 2km length of the Hangingshaw Horse Level, part of the Rampgill Mine complex at Nenthead, England. On the way, we will deal with deep silt, staggering beauty, old structures, calcified ladders and hoppers, passing under the Hydraulic Shaft, neck deep water and answering the question as to wether it terminates at the Longcleugh sump.

Hangingshaw lead mine is part of the rampgill mine complex at Nenthead, UK, although an independent mine, sharing the same portal. The mine was worked form the late 1600s to the early 1920s. The mine also served as a haulage way for the Smallcleugh and Longcleugh workings above. To the end of the mine is approximately 2km.

Although we did have a stills camera with us, and you see it being used in the video, the camera later had issues and we were unable to retrieve the pictures. The pictures below therefore are from a prior trip.
DSCF6689.JPG
DSCF6711.JPG

DSCF6713.JPG
DSCF6714.JPG

I hope you enjoy the video and please consider liking and subscribing if so.

Steve.

Lenston

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
I personally much prefer pictures from underground explores rather than footage, you can light paint these places amazingly well and get a real idea of scale, each to their own though, always beats wonky footage in my eyes (y)

Dubbed Navigator

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
As far as videos go, this is one of the better ones. Thanks for also keeping to the posting rules (albeit very few stills).

25 mins is way too long for me, however I did enjoy skipping through it.

Personally, I think the watermark and subscribe link spoils the view. I have a pretty dim view of the whole "like and subscribe" thing - but that shouldn't detract from what is a decent effort.