free hit counter
Great Britain - asbestos house , midlands 2017 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain asbestos house , midlands 2017

lucan

Oblivion State Member
OS Full member
Reaction score
not much history to find on this house , somewhere in the midlands

couldnt get a decent external shot due to the ammount of growth round it,

the house was one of those prefab jobs made from fibre board containing white asbestos

i liked the wallpaper in some rooms it was very 1970s

old nova in the garage and caravan thats seen better times in the jungle of a garden

bit pic heavy as there was a few bits to see

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

thanks for looking

AndyK!

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Some interesting bits left in there, nice find.

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
Really liking the wallpaper! Some really nice bits, the Meccano brochure, letter and personal papers are a nice touch! 

Thanks for posting, enjoyed this (y)

lucan

Oblivion State Member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Really liking the wallpaper! Some really nice bits, the Meccano brochure, letter and personal papers are a nice touch! 

Thanks for posting, enjoyed this (y)
thanks , there was a nice pile of bits to rummage through , could have spent ages looking through it all

jane doe

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Love the old photos ..what an amazing find so many lovely things :)  

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
Fantastic time capsule and very nicely captured. The old photos really do it for me. 

a World in Ruins

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Wonderful house, so many fabulous retro things. Vintage marbles in a vintage wooden box... that alone made me sweat! Great pics too. ???

lucan

Oblivion State Member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Really like this, if youre local to the midlands and fancy a wander gimmie a shout.
thanks , yes im midlands based , shropshire area

Wonderful house, so many fabulous retro things. Vintage marbles in a vintage wooden box... that alone made me sweat! Great pics too. ???
thanks was loads in the chest and boxes that i still didnt rummage through ,i liked the marbles too 

John

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Sad to see this sort of thing.. Obviously some old person, that died after living out many years alone. The car was presumably bought when they retired. The tax ran out 9 years ago..

You can tell they were an intelligent, well to do type, by the stuff in the house. The musical instrument reeds, and the cartridge cases. One looks like a .303 and the other maybe a .308..

The nursing contributions book dated 1946/47/48...  if you go from 1946 it is about 43 years until the car was made, and the tax ran out 9 years ago. Sooo i would say they were born in about 1926, started nursing in about 1947, did 44 years and retired at 65 in 1991 and bought the car brand new, and, as the tax ran out 9 years ago, i guess they died at about 84 years of age. You can tell they were a single bloke, by the stuff in the house having being untouched since about 1950 by the look of it and i doubt many women would run about with a full bore sporting rifle either.

The photos must be their parents and siblings.. I like the balsa rubber powered model aircraft kit. That would be from the 1960's i would guess..

Seems a terrible way for someones life to end up..

john..

lucan

Oblivion State Member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Sad to see this sort of thing.. Obviously some old person, that died after living out many years alone. The car was presumably bought when they retired. The tax ran out 9 years ago..

You can tell they were an intelligent, well to do type, by the stuff in the house. The musical instrument reeds, and the cartridge cases. One looks like a .303 and the other maybe a .308..

The nursing contributions book dated 1946/47/48...  if you go from 1946 it is about 43 years until the car was made, and the tax ran out 9 years ago. Sooo i would say they were born in about 1926, started nursing in about 1947, did 44 years and retired at 65 in 1991 and bought the car brand new, and, as the tax ran out 9 years ago, i guess they died at about 84 years of age. You can tell they were a single bloke, by the stuff in the house having being untouched since about 1950 by the look of it and i doubt many women would run about with a full bore sporting rifle either.

The photos must be their parents and siblings.. I like the balsa rubber powered model aircraft kit. That would be from the 1960's i would guess..

john..
some of the papers and bits all leave clues as to who the people were and the lives they lived , thats why i enjoy this hobby , capturing the whats left ,

there is a gun cabinet next to the coat on the door, it was locked contents unknown

John

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Oh yes! i never noticed the gun cabinet. After the occupant left, his cert would have expired at some stage, and the police would have been round. You need "good reason" now for shotgun certs, and you have always needed it for a firearms cert, and the police check, so if he was no longer in a club or what ever, they would not have renewed the certs anyway..

Lovely photos though!! Well done you!!

john..

Dubbed Navigator

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score

john..

Posts like this make my day on this forum :)