free hit counter
Ashort visit to dover and folkestone 01/07/2010 | Page 2 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Ashort visit to dover and folkestone 01/07/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
I've Got no idea - it looks just like the passages inside part of the detached bastion in Dover - and while St martins isn't all that far from there, I don't think that's where you were. It's clearly part of the napoleonic defences thou.
well all i know was from car park over fence downa very nasty path to this there where other small looking entrances that where filled..but main tunnel was about 80 yeards long was just glad to get too carpark level me legs gave out and it was clamber on all fours up a very steep slope..stick me down a manhole deep as u like cliff edges nah..may be worth a look again ,some local bloke in car park mentioned it as he saw rucksacks etc we had

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
2,3 and 4 are the Hospital Postern.
doesnt actually go anywhere lots of old car scar parts outside it..kewl now i have a name to look for :)

fat wreck

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
.......oi oi, itz the Hospital Postern, if ya checkout unfairytale'z flickr page he'z got some top picz of it :Devil:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
.......oi oi, itz the Hospital Postern, if ya checkout unfairytale'z flickr page he'z got some top picz of it :Devil:
yeah mate some one mentioned i think i googled and there it was left comment on here or urbex.com..no wait was here..not a lot too see but hard work the way i went in thru by the gate along that cliff track..dont forget ive got kids as old as some of the guys i know..sorry frosty lol..and pc i dont like cliff edges..it will be on me gravestone next time i do one

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
It was a covered way of getting to the military hospital (now demolished) at Aycliffe. Opposite the entrance was a draw-bridged stair case which lead out of the South Ditch. Most of the rubbish in there, apart from old cars, is the rubble from the South Entrance.

Ryda

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Hospital Postern, lots of fun to get into. Burnt out rusting VW car down near the entrance.

EDIT: Didnt realise the name had already been mentioned, ignore me lol

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Hospital Postern, lots of fun to get into. Burnt out rusting VW car down near the entrance.EDIT: Didnt realise the name had already been mentioned, ignore me lol
no worries mate i think it was mentioned lots..and you say fun to get into hmm..i got in from the path to the gate at top of stairs..didnt like the nasty bit walking near cliff ..well near enuff for me then the way out was the steep scrabble with no grip with my footwear and everything i grabbed to help me weary bones get up the steep slope broke..way to much in me rucksack didnt help

bUT FUN.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.