Contact the team

Baby Tower Crane, Ramsgate - December 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramsgatonion

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I had been eyeing this crane for a while - it has been there for roughly a month or two, and recently I decided - why not have a crack at it?!

It is very small as tower cranes go, but this isn't London, so we don't get many down here. This was my first crane and I loved it! After the initial fear had worn off I felt quite relaxed (luckily there was no wind!). Some dodgy moments as I watched the occasional police car drive past down below - or a few random drunks! This was a spur of the moment thing, so I went alone at about midnight. Apologies for some of the pictures, hopefully I can do better if I visit a crane again!

1_1.jpg

3_1.jpg

7_1.jpg

10_1.jpg

5_1.jpg

2.jpg

8_1.jpg

9_1.jpg

6_1.jpg

At this point I contemplated climbing the further 30 odd feet to where the red light is (any crane buffs know what this part is called?) - after finding the ladder was actually quite stable, unlike the various walkways :eek: I ventured up. I felt a lot more exposed up here as I didn't have as much cover, and I was illuminated by the aircraft warning light!

12_1.jpg

11_1.jpg

14_1.jpg

And a self portrait to conclude the photographs!

13_1.jpg

Thanks for viewing! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

SuZyQue

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Wow your brave no way would I get up there, great pics:)

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Awesome stuff there bud. Well done !

Rik

OS Member
Reaction score
I like that! Thanks for sharing! There is a new LIDL being built up the road from myself, I am hoping and praying there is a tower crane there :)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice to see an old one pop up ,but as it should have been archived and closed due to age im clsing it now :)

Shush

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Well done you! I think you've done a great job. thanks for sharing your first crane climb :D

Status
Not open for further replies.