Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Beelitz, Germany - July 2014

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
This place needs no introduction, First of a 2 part report on this place with the other half following in the not too distant future.

Visited with Andy K, Scott, Stussy, Carl and Lowri. Day 1 of our visit to the Beelitz site focused on the Female sanatoriums, we started with the Largest of the buildings, the women’s Tuberculosis Sanatorium which provided care for T.B. patients and those suffering from other chronic illnesses. This building was significantly damaged in bombing raids during World War II and has been abandoned ever since. As a result it is in pretty poor condition compared to some other areas of the site. After a few shots in the old sanatorium we headed over to the Surgical Hospital which at one time was full of surgical rooms and recovery rooms for patients. Tell tales signs such as tiled walls in a significant proportion of the rooms were still present however most of the other features has really taken a beating from the elements and vandals. I did manage to track down 1 room in the building that I had really wanted to see, the blue operating room which used to have a great surgical lamp hanging from the ceiling. Sadly the room was an utter mess, most of the tiles fallen from the walls, the light completely gone with only the rigging remaining and some slight evidence of the operating bed. A little disappointed to see that but other parts of this vast hospital made up for that :) . The final building we visited that day was the more modern women’s sanatorium which acted as a permanent replacement for the one damaged during the war. This building was smaller than its predecessor but featured a much more appealing design which echo’s some of the other more grand buildings on the site. I think this was my favourite of the three building we visited that day, its condition was slightly better and in terms of photography the iron bed frame made for some really nice shots as did the corridors which spanned the length of the building.

Beelitz-1.jpg

Beelitz-2.jpg

Beelitz-3.jpg

Beelitz-4.jpg

Beelitz-5.jpg

Beelitz-6.jpg

Beelitz-7.jpg

Beelitz-8.jpg

Beelitz-9.jpg

Beelitz-10.jpg

Beelitz-11.jpg

Beelitz-12.jpg

Beelitz-13.jpg

Beelitz-14.jpg

Beelitz-15.jpg

Beelitz-16.jpg

Thanks for looking, there are higher res copies of the above photos and quite a few more from this trip on my website here: http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/2014/12/01/urbex-beelitz-heilstatten-aka-beelitz-hospital-womens-sanatoriums-germany-july-2014/

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Certainly a place with a vast history and lots of epic decay going on, loving the natural light in that first stair shot mate (y)

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Nice and moody shots there and love the low light levels (y)

Andy

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Ruinenland.de
Still a wonderfull place.

(I was there in 2008. I was flying from Frankfurt, visited Beelitz at the same day for several hours, drove the next day to a concert of "The Cure" and flew back. It was great. :D )

At that time was much, much less graffiti than today.

Perjury Saint

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Dark, moody, brooding.... MASSIVE thumbs up from me kidda!! (y)

OverArch

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Cracking set of pics. 4 and 5 are the ones for me (y)