Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Box and Swan Mine

sentinel

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Myself and makepondsnotwar (Jess) hired a helicopter to travel up country to hit a few mines.

ah-64d-apache-army-helicopter_zps89ccd188.jpg

We secured a highly trained guide Lee, that would put an Everest Sherpa to shame.

sherpa-porter_zps9a545d6c.png

We entered the box mine and as our tour guide was squeezing through the tight gap, we all heard the rumbling sound. With fear in his eyes our tour guide yelled for us to run, we did and then it happened, the roof of the cave above our tour guides head came crashing down.

imagesCAY7KR9J_zps7e9838ab.jpg

Dust was everywhere, we couldn’t see our own hands in front of our faces.

As the dust settled, myself and Jess looked at each other through our fear filled eyes, we were scared and worried for our guide Lee.

imagesCAZP5SWO_zps7a437225.jpg

After assessing the rubble scattered on the ground, we initiated our search for our lost companion. We found Lee and tried to move the boulders from his dead body, we had to give up as exhaustion set in.

We decided to leave our companion and ventured further into the mine to look for a possible exit.

We spend about a week (well we think as with no sunlight or to distinguish hours or night and day)

We finally stumbled exhausted and drained upon the famous box mine Cathedral and lay down under the large hole in the ceiling, letting the warm sunlight heat our cold bodies. (we hadn’t resorted to using each other’s bodies as heat source even though Jess wouldn’t shut up about it)

Photo kindly taken by Lenston

unnamed_zpsfe63fae6.jpg

We could make out shapes within the grand hall and saw people moving closer, we felt our hearts and hope rise, then the realisation that we could see through these spiritual beings, it dawned on me that these were the lost miners that had died within the mines centuries ago.

_council_of_orzhova_by_velinov-d5moyq4_zps2afef988.jpg

They gathered around us and then out stretched their hands, and we were both amazed to see Lee’s dead body appear.

untitled2_zps2dced2a4.png

They laid the body down and started chanting. It was soft at first and I was confused, I thought I was hearing things but as the chanting grew in volume. I could believe my ears, they were chanting Extreme Ironing over and over, then it happened..Lee started to change at first it was the hair. This amazing head of hair appeared.

untitled3_zps73dd8a61.png

Then the face and the body, Extreme started to twitch then rose..turned and said “well that was fun..what’s up guys” just like nothing had happened..the ghosts parted (apparently Extreme is some god like figure in a past life, hence why these century old spirit miners knew Extreme and wanted to Extreme back to this world)

untitled5_zpsbd974a11.png

Both myself and Jess stood speechless, just looking at Michael, then Michael said “do we have a way out” No!! was the answer.

We search further into the mine, and with the air becoming less oxygenated, we decided that we should communicate in the sequence of whistles. Years went by and with the only food source being bats and cave moles (I couldn’t eat the moles, just couldn’t get the horrible taste out of my mouth each time I did) we forgot how to communicate in words.

Something about eating these bats and being stuck underground had down something to us all, I had exceptional eye sight in the dark..it was like daylight for me.

Michael started to have periods and then the most disturbing thing happened, Jess grew a penis, It looked like a mole, but deformed.

untitled6_zps94e34351.png

This thing would stretch at night when we were asleep, it had a mind of its own, and it’s mind was on Extreme.

Then it happened, one night it controlled Jess and with Jess crying and apologising to Extreme, it impregnated him. It was amazing, within three months Extreme gave birth to this mutated mole child. This happened numerous times over the course of three decades, we had a whole family of them.

untitled7_zps510f8623.png

We finally found a way into swan mine after putting these little mole kids to work, chewing their way to this section of mine where we found one of those great wooden crane.

Photo taken by myself

DSC_1508_zps1bd0636d.jpg

we got our little hoard of kids to move this to the entrance and with the hook placed against a section of the perimeter wall we all strained on the crane until suddenly the wall cracked and broke free.

Extreme and Jess’s hoard of mole kids were scared to exit the mine. We decided to have one last meal with our ugly mole children.

Photo taken by myself

unnamed1_zpsdae08cd7.jpg

And then with a sad heart we collapsed the entrance and left our love ones behind in the mine to carve out new tunnels for the next explorers to venture into.

Keep in mind guy’s these guys do have a temper so if you see any of them in there make sure you whistle a lot. It calms them down and makes them smile.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sounds like a good day out mate, the cathedral looks especially awesome! (y)

Lenston

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice mate, was a pleasure as always (y)

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Very nice and a cracking location.

Definatly in need of some more underground fun in the near future (y)

Quite a tale there mate you crazy mofo :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Strange but beautiful shit mate :)

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
haha you crazy fool, nice xD