free hit counter
Box Quarry (Cathedral and Northern section) , Wiltshire - July 2013 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Box Quarry (Cathedral and Northern section) , Wiltshire - July 2013

Pezzarr

OS Member
Reaction score
Visted With Phill, Les, Ben, and myself, we arrived a little late to the proposed meet-up, because we got breakfast - omnomnom

:twisted: we managed to gain access via the wrong grill. but never-the-less, armed with a map and a compass we made our way around, Starting at cathedral we followed our noses to the smell of a fresh bbq, to see a pre-lit foil tray with no food :( but never mind! we plodded on, after speaking to two people who stayed over night.we attempted to get to the northern section (as we thought this was where everyone was headed), so following the map we soon lost track of where on the map we were, so vaguely following north, we somehow ended up going around 4 times and thought lets try and get back to catherdral and start again, so we plotted and pondered and eventually we turned up, about 1-2pm just as everyone finish a group shot as was on their way out, so after a few minutes to get our breath back and say our goodbyes, we decided to head back to the entrance and head to the northern section once more. :jump

So after a few twists and turns, over a few falls, we still got lost, but suddenly we saw a sign! a big square tank, after looking at the map, it sure was a eureka moment! :police2:

So yeah after that we didnt get lost again, but on the way out we ended up getting trapped in the dead routes once more and could find the way home! but needless to say, we're alive! Also thanks to Phill, Les, Ben for lighting up the tunnels, and inviting me along! :)

Anywho, sorry to drag on a bit, but here's some photos =)

9296685822_7b13f47b8c_c.jpg
9293899813_1c83d948c9_c.jpg
9296753024_f2cbbb667b_c.jpg
9296829278_aa5828f309_c.jpg

9296837490_f9f55c0abd_c.jpg

9296769450_c4f112c81b_c.jpg

9293921133_6568dcb228_c.jpg

9294034715_8bafac9deb_c.jpg

Thanks! :)

Please check Out my other photos!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mperryphotography/

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Pretty good shots there mate..and if im honest we have also got a tad lost and gone back to the cathederal to start agaiin..wa the lighting that bloody grat big lenser ?

:comp

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Good old box, every time I've been there we've got lost one way or another. It's because the map is on such a rediculous scale you try your best to count the falls and twists and turns but it never seems to be easy to relate what you're seeing on the map to what's in front of you in the mine. That tank has been our savior before, whoever marked that on the map is a god!

Nice pics Pez, it can be a bitch to get a good photo of the cathedral because of the size of it, but you did well! :)

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Really nice shots. It's a shame we missed it, sounds like everyone had a really good time!

Shush

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
looks like there'd been a whole lot of folk smoking the weed down there!

Nice pics chuck :D

Harry

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Good stuff fella, especially those cranes!

D4RK-INS1GHT

OS Member
Reaction score
Very nice mate , lit this place up exceptionally well.

Stussy

OS Member
Reaction score
Superb Pezzar! Wish I made it to the meet a couple weeks back, looks awesome. Great pics. (y)