Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Cambridge Military Hospital - Sept. 2014

E

extreme_ironing

Had a good opportunity to visit this place after a long time of wanting to, managed to score a spot to sleep on Captain Trollface and Spider Monkey's hotel room floor so we could hit it good and early. :D Was stupidly thick fog that morning and would have made for some majorly haunting externals, unfortunately security are alert and mobile enough that I didn't get an op to do that. <_>

Had a lot of fun in this place avoiding the sec, they were on the ball and camped out at certain vantage points but we all did a great job spotting them first and waiting them out.

Cambridge Military Hospital was built in 1879 and closed in 1996 due to the cost of maintaining the old building and the discovery of a £$%&ton of asbestos in the walls. Pioneering plastic surgery techniques were performed and developed here on soldiers brought back from the Western Front during WW1.

Old external of the hospital from the front showing the clock tower and main building. Didn't get into the tower unfort as was locked off from our section, might be worth checking out at gourd level next time.

rDx4cQb.jpg

Smaller operating theatre lights with nature creeping in behind.

gobUVE5.jpg

One of two remaining x-ray set-ups, amazingly the power was still working and all mechanics fully functioning, had a bit of fun in here. :D

ncezeJQ.jpg

B1oAnV9.jpg

Lgsjsgn.jpg

The kitchen - pigeon only thing on menu today, this place was missing a roof so was well colonised. Ek.

jvnlnCN.jpg

To the wards...

NnAAUAs.jpg

mpZ9JRp.jpg

The main structure was epic in scale and a single corridor linked the whole building, on the bottom floor you could see all the way to the end, on the top floor the hallways was split up but wide enough to be equipped with beds.

vr37E4g.jpg

Children's ward.

Pveyk2a.jpg

Some sort of booth for the testing of audio skills or hearing aids.

c9Dlhb2.jpg

Some rather amazing doors.

YjxA6YD.jpg

ywCy1ET.jpg

Love love love this room, they haven't come in thru the windows so not sure how they grew so fast here.

F0hPPga.jpg

Leaving so soon?

LKRE7df.jpg

20Pzdcu.jpg

Thanks for looking, I wrote a blog entry with all the high res pics on my site at: http://www.unexposed.photography/Visits/Cambridge-Military-Hospital. Linked back to Oblivion State.

Thanks Miz Firestorm and SpiderMonkey for having me. Cheers guys.

Last edited:

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice work! props on doing the xray bits as you dont see much of them! photos are top!

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Feckin sweet dude, real nice mixture of shots and colours throughout, my favourite is the ward shot. Can't believe the leccy has been left on, I could do with an xray as it happens, people keep telling me i'm not all there....

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice collection. That room with the vegetation is amazing and I didn't see it!! Definite revisit needed

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
CMH is a very under estimated Hospital Splore as a cool location

I so agree Secca can be pretty slippery and need to keep your wits about you :eek:

Spot on there with the write up and quality images.

Thanks for the link back and a very nice site (y)

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
I can never tire with the shots from here. Nice!!

silverainbow

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Among the best I've seen of here, love the X-ray machine stuff, Very Cool indeed !

(y)

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
This is looovellllyyy

:comp

Last edited by a moderator: