What's new

Post a thread

Post a report or anything else to the forums

See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

Castle of Dreams / Chateau La de Foret - Oct 2014 (PIC HEAVY)

Stussy

Reaction score
Where to start on this place....

Ever since the first photos popped the scene of this place, I knew I had to visit here... It was on top of my wish list for so long, Back in Summer of 2013 I stood outside here, only to find out it had been locked down a few days prior, there was no way in to be had.

Couple externals from my first visit back in 2013

Fast forward 6 months, no one had explored the place, but a couple people started posting pics again, was it back on the scene again.. obviously it was, but entry was not quite permission, bit an arranged visit through third parties. I missed an opportunity to go earlier in 2014, I won't go into that, ehh MrB :rolleyes:

Part of the Jupilerrrrr tour with Baron and Mega Magpie Masa, it was arranged for us to pay it a visit in exchange for a few beer tokens. This was a once in a lifetime explore and sits proudly as one of the best places I have had the pleasure to visit and take photos. We were given about 6 hours inside, I could spend days in here, I hope I do the palace justice, it really is the Castle of Dreams.

BEWARE SERIOUSLY PIC HEAVY!!

First shot of the day, has to be massive marble staircase.

Being so dark, I decided to take a look in the basement area to grab a few pics before the decent light came up, the pics were always going to be light painted, so best get them out of the way first.

Basement / Kitchen

I would leave the ground floor till last, hoping the light would improve later in the day, so headed to the first floor.

Turrent Bedroom & Ensuite

Sitting Room

The Green Bedroom

The Green Bedroom with Turrent Sitting Room

Some of the children's bedrooms

First Floor Dancing Room (So I like to think)

The Master Suite + 1

First Floor Hallway

Cont'd....

Stussy

Reaction score
.....Cont'd.....

West Sitting Room

Time to head off into the Servant wings and up to the Second Floor

Turret Office

Childrens Play Room

Bedroom of Birds

A few selected others from the second floor rooms

Attic

Time was almost up inside this place, running out of time, I had to return the ground floor to get some pics there, and I know I missed lots, doubt i will ever be able to return...

It was time to leave.

Last edited by a moderator:

OverArch

Reaction score
That is the most extensive set of shots I've seen from that place! Awesome stuff :comp

Urbexbandoned

Reaction score
Perseverance paid off mate, one of the ones I'd love to visit.

Excellent collection of pics, loving that marble staircase. Fuck going up the wooden hill when you have that!!

Perjury Saint

Reaction score
Like a big fat Friday night kebab drenched in awesome sauce!! FOOKIN' TASTY!! :)

skeleton key

Reaction score
A very special place indeed and pic heavy threads with images like these are fine by me lol

Bloody great shots Stussy and so good to see :D

:comp

hamtagger

Reaction score
Dipped in epic that place. Great lighting through those windows especially the first shot (y)

TheBaronof Scotland

Reaction score
very nice set mate, and you should always trust me when i say I`ll sort stuff out :) :)

Honestly you were like a kid in a sweet shop in there, never seen you happier :)

Great start to a day that saw us wake up in France, explore in Belgium, eat in Holland and sleep in Germany :) great times mate !!

Lara

Reaction score
Oh my word, this is some sort of epicness right there :)

Stussy

Reaction score
very nice set mate, and you should always trust me when i say I`ll sort stuff out :) :) Honestly you were like a kid in a sweet shop in there, never seen you happier :)

Great start to a day that saw us wake up in France, explore in Belgium, eat in Holland and sleep in Germany :) great times mate !!
It was indeed dude, fantastic time, best explore I think I will eer have the pleasure of doing, with great company too!