Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

Great Britain Cautley House Christian Centre, Kent - 2017 & 2019

seaside_rambler

O.S Friend AAA
Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Originally the Sea View Hotel, Cautley House is in every way as bland and and tacky as I expected. Built in 1888, it was extended to the east in 1906, became the Seabrook Hotel in the 1960s, Alfred’s Hotel in the 1980s and then a christian healing centre in around 1994. A care home was next on the agenda once the healing centre closed in 2011/12, it didn’t happen though as the building needed updating and was deemed unfit for such use. So it’s just sat empty since, although there used to be a live-in guardian person, but with the disuse and the decay commencing over a number of years they left too. Now plans are in for demolition it’s days as any kind of establishment are numbered, probably to be replaced by the non-affordable homes that keep springing up round here. And despite being accessible in some way or another most of that time it’s pretty untrashed apart from naturally falling apart.​

​

​

​

Entrance/reception area/groud floor rooms​

​

​

​

​

​

​

Later extension housing the dance floor and DJ booth/sacrificial altar with added air con​

​

​

​

Main stairs up to the locally-named suites​

​

All the rooms were equally as meh, so much shades of beige in this place with 70s style avocado bathroom suites too. And balcony cat-flaps.​

​

​

​

The most fucked part was the 1906 extension​

​

​

​

Some signage and stuff​

​

​

​

​

​

There you have it, worth an hour or so if you're in the area :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
seaside_rambler

seaside_rambler

O.S Friend AAA
Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, my Nan and Grandads house had their bathroom the same colour when I was a kid. Mad how I thought it was hideous then but now I'm really into these disgusting 70s bathroom colour schemes.  I need help. 
Ah mine had a bright shocking pink and black colour scheme! You’d have been on your knees in awe hahaha

I’ll put one urinal by for ya  (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

urblex

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
Funny how the extension is the most fucked part, maybe says something about standards slipping/‘they don’t make em like they used to’ haha. Cool report though ?