Post a thread

Post a report or anything else to the forums

See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

USA Centrailia, PA aka Silent Hill PA

Reaction score
Hi all I relayed this post to another member asking about Centralia PA, Unfortunately this is really the only thing worth seeing. As I mentioned the town was completely bulldozed, leaving only the surface streets and a few municipal buildings and a church. There are approximately 6 people who refuse to move and as soon as they pass away the government is bulldozing their houses as well. They plan on letting nature take back the area as the carbon monoxide that seeps from beneath the ground is toxic. The remaining peoples houses are no longer over the underground fire but it is know that the remaining coal vein will burn for at least another 100 years minimum. You can google pics of the town which aren't much to look at but the main focus is Graffiti Highway, The original highway that took you into town. It is now completely cut off and a new highway was built about 200 meters away sorta parallel to it, but there is a dirt parking lot for visitors to park and walk a short trail to admire the old highway which is now completely covered in graffiti. here a few pics from a couple of years ago when I went there, you'll see myself and my service doge Lydia in em. Check out that crack from the fire which has moved past the unground portion of this old road.

Grafiiti Road 1.jpg

Grafitti Rad 2.jpg

Andy

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.Ruinenland.de
Hi Philly! I have heard of that place and watched TV reports about it.
Unfortunately, the photos in your report are not displayed.