Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Chambre du Commerce - July 2015

glowtape

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
So yeah... This is it, my goddamn Moby Dick. It's been a few years I've known of the existence of this place. Research often ended nowhere, since there wasn't much accidental info in imagery giving it away, nor were people at the time open enough for divulging the location. At some point, people kept telling me about renovations (and true, given in retrospect how the floor was cleaned up), so I threw the towel...

Until several months ago, new sets from other explorers suddenly started showing in distinct numbers. I think I popped an aneurism the day I noticed. The hunt picked up again. This time, someone tipped me off about Antwerp, and with that it's hard to not stumble over the Wikipedia article. April this year I could finally muster a friend to go along. It's weird, I have a few pals that'd like to do urbex, but whenever it's further than a stone throw away, they're mucking around.

Weeks later, more sets start showing up, and I'm like "Holy shit, what did I miss last time around?!" So I sketch up another run eventually. With the same pal, tho. This time, we headed up there in the middle of the week instead of the weekend, and early as can be. We arrived at 5:30 in the morning. No one to be seen, awesome! We walk towards the place, turn into the alley, and lo and behold, there's a couple making out, which set off my friend again. I said to myself that I won't leave with empty hands this time. The couple got interrupted and gave off some puzzled looks, but I couldn't give less of a damn, and they scurried off moments later. My friend was yammering about how they might call the police, but I still couldn't care, bugging him to get crawling.

While we didn't spot anyone checking the premises, the thought of it still lingered in the back of my mind and refrained from straddling into certain areas, so the photo haul isn't what it could have been. Seeing other albums, we've missed a bunch of things. While not crucial, it'd have been nice to have seen. Didn't help that any sounds outside sounded like they're coming from within thanks to reverbation. I'm surprised the place is still accessible, considering the amount of visits lately.

Also, thanks to Mikeymutt from here and Lenny from Flickr for some late info.

19342407952_9aa2e195db_c.jpg

Chambre du Commerce by Mario Goebbels, on Flickr

19149428629_c3e992b42e_c.jpg

19529852925_b164f98d53_c.jpg

19489789912_a5d2d5549e_c.jpg

19439433518_9cd10e1b47_c.jpg

19368544291_5ae81425e0_c.jpg

19410319191_49df10b124_b.jpg

Rest of the album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cerealbawx/sets/72157655328539152

Last edited by a moderator:

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Those are absolute belters, every one a win mate. Cracking report (y)

:comp

Fekneejit

OS Member
Reaction score
Great report, & lovely pics, always nice to see this place :)

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
Lovely pics although I really like number 3, liked reading your report too. How many times have we gone somewhere and missed something and then had an excuse to go back :D

Mikeymutt

Oblivion State Member
OS Full member
Reaction score
That's a beautiful set there..

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Very nice set, can you please not discuss access points in public though, cheers (y)