free hit counter
France - Chateau Vignes Vertes - November 2018 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

France Chateau Vignes Vertes - November 2018

Urban Relics

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.urbanrelics.be
To be honest I'm not really a big fan of residential explores. Somehow it always feels like I'm invading someones privacy, even if the place has been abandoned... This chateau felt a little bit like that aswel. A lot of personal stuff still lying around. In these cases I try to focus on the decay (if any) and avoid photographing personal items. As a result I'll usually end up with a somewhat limited set of photos. All in all I'm glad I got to see this one. It really is a beautiful chateau, with some nice details and pretty furnishings. Shortly after our visit the owner, tired of all the unwanted attention, sealed the place shut.

A bit of history:

This chateau, of which the architect is unknown, was built around 1830 on the site where there was previously a fortified castle. That castle was demolished, but initially the moats were preserved. Later the moats were also filled in to create gardens. The chateau, built in neo-classical style, with numerous references to Italian architecture, has an H-shaped floor plan: a central part, with a transverse wing on either side connecting to it. The remarkable interior reflects the transition from the neoclassical spirit to eclecticism under the July monarchy. Several rooms were decorated with Parisian furniture and curtains from 1830, with fake wood and faux-marble decor, painted ceilings of the Pompey or antique type. Walls covered with wallpaper from the Dufour house. The whole was protected as a heritage in 2000.

Vignes01.jpg

Vignes02.jpg

Vignes03.jpg

Vignes04.jpg

Vignes05.jpg

Vignes06.jpg

Vignes07.jpg

Vignes08.jpg

Vignes09.jpg

Thanks for watching! (y)

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Exceptional photos again. What a stunning chateau! I have to agree with you on exploring residential sites though. Never sits right with me unless they have been emptied of the contents. I really wouldn't want to get caught by the owner either as I think they'd probably want to kill you :LOL:

AndyK!

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
I'm going to echo the above thoughts on residential site, again it just never feels right. However, there are some exceptions, and this is certainly one! Simply stunning.

Andy

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Ruinenland.de
Fantastic place and great shots! Especially in France the owners are often very aggressive and armed. Really not fun to get caught there...