Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Cloud Cottage - 2015

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
One from the vault. Did a quick search on this one and surprisingly saw very little in the way of reports - so thought I'd share my take on it.

Back in the day this place was quite infamous - mostly it seems due to the few 'bad apples' that lurk within the exploring community. Stories of looting and selling out to the media were rife.

It is quite a special place for me as its the kind of place that's close to where my ancestors lived and I can imagine its the kind of place they would call home. Its located in a wild and isolated place, it would have been a harsh and bleak landscape to live in at times but in its own way stunning and beautiful.

I visited twice in the early part of 2015. The house had obviously been left unoccupied a very long time until it suddenly appeared on the radar. The owners had become aware of this and tried securing it. On my first visit I noticed a big new shiny padlock was in place on the outhouse. When I returned about a month later the whole door had been smashed. A little later all doors and windows were boarded up, leading to an unofficial renaming by one clever wordsmith as Shroud Cottage. It appears that also didn't deter those with no sense of respect in the search for 15 minutes of Facebook fame.

Enough of the backstory and on with the pictures:

IMG_8673_4_5_tonemapped copy.jpg

IMG_8733_4_5_tonemapped copy.jpg

IMG_8722_4_5_6_tonemapped copy.jpg

IMG_8784_5_6_tonemapped copy.jpg

IMG_8787_8_9_tonemapped copy2.jpg

IMG_8698_699_700_702_tonemapped copy copy.jpg

IMG_8714_5_6_7_tonemapped copy.jpg

IMG_8748_49_50_tonemapped copy.jpg

IMG_8781_2_3_tonemapped copy.jpg

IMG_8775_6_7_tonemapped.jpg

IMG_9431_2_3_tonemapped.jpg

IMG_9434_5_6_tonemapped copy.jpg

IMG_9497.JPG

IMG_9494.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Some proper nice old bits and bobs in there, shame about the knobheads - plenty around nowadays unfortunately :(  

a World in Ruins

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Loved it here but like you alluded to it went downhill very rapidly once widely known and a proper times capsule  of rural Welsh life before that. Nice photos bud. Must edit mine at some point but over 3 visits there are literally hundreds. 

Dubbed Navigator

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Unfortunately inevitable in this game, the thing that counts is that a good amount of poeple are able to see them before they go down the shitter.